Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardho
What's DOS?
Views: 1,083
Message 1 of 4

Using IMAC as a monitor for X1 Carbon

I would like to use my IMAC as a monitor for my X1 Carbon. Even though there is a mini display port on the X1 Carbon, it won't recognize the monitor. Is there a driver I can download to make the computer recognize the monitor?

Note, I have seen more recent Lenovo laptops directly connected to the IMAC and it is able to be used as a monitor.

maurone
Paper Tape
Views: 809
Message 2 of 4

Re: Using IMAC as a monitor for X1 Carbon

I have tried to use an iMac 21.5 mid 2011 as an external display for my Thinkpad X1C 5th gen (using target display mode on iMac) using a thunderbolt cable (USB-C thunderbolt - thinkpad / minidisplay(thunderbolt) - iMac), but with no results. I guess this is something that can be done only mac to mac.
maurone
Paper Tape
Views: 773
Message 3 of 4

I have done the same, using all possible cables... it is impossible. You can do it only mac to mac.

@maurone wrote:
I have tried to use an iMac 21.5 mid 2011 as an external display for my Thinkpad X1C 5th gen (using target display mode on iMac) using a thunderbolt cable (USB-C thunderbolt - thinkpad / minidisplay(thunderbolt) - iMac), but with no results. I guess this is something that can be done only mac to mac.

rkornev
What's DOS?
Views: 92
Message 4 of 4

Do you happen to know which more recent Lenovo laptop and which iMAC models in your note were?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors