Options

5 Posts

08-10-2019

KR

10 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 1 of 2

Very big problem!! about hibernate mode.

2019-11-08, 7:24 AM

I am using x1 carbon sixth generation.

As a power saver issue I only use hibernate mode.

When using the battery, the lid is set to hibernate when the lid is closed.

However, if I close the lid once in a while, it will not go into hibernation mode, but just sleep or display off.
(the battery is very decrease after the lid is closed when I moved to another place.)

So I looked at the report through [powercfg / sleepstudy]

When the lid is closed, it goes into hibernation mode and goes to sleep itself (modern standby).

Please answer me if you know why.

And when you press the power button for power saving, it doesn't react and I just have to wait for 1~2 second.
(When power is off, it is just five seconds)

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Very big problem!! about hibernate mode.

2019-12-23, 18:20 PM

Hi pinkpiggy! When did this problem start? Were there any recent changes or any updates installed before the issue arise? Kindly install the power management driver here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-carbon-6th-gen-type-20kh-20kg/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Power%20Management and the BIOS as well. You can also use the Vantage app to detect pending updates and install all available updates. Let us know if this works for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save