Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hux12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,392
Message 111 of 121

Re: Voluntary Recall Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th Generation

Some new updates on my X1 recall adventure.

So after nearly 1.5 months, the replacement top cover finally arrived at ASI, the *primary service partner* of Lenovo in Manhattan, NYC, as listed by the Lenovo recall website.

I thought now they just need to put it together and I can pick up my laptop soon, right? Wrong. It turned out one of the base cover screw socket is located on the fan unit, which was one of the stripped ones, apperently the technician at ASI didn't notice that socket (there are only 5 screws on the base cover) when he or she worked on my unit a month ago and just realized it now, they have to order a new fan unit which will cause addtional delay. What a competent company is ASI? You had only five screws to inspect and you literally missed 20% of those.

Let me break this situation down to you guys: I spent nearly 2000 USD for a work laptop in the hope for efficiency and reliability, my X1 has 1 TB SSD and 16 GB ram, since I need these capacities for work. A simple recall inspection at Lenovo's pimary service partner broke the screws of the base cover and I haven't seen my laptop with all its data on it for 1.5 months and counting, and no parties involved felt responsible in anyway for the loss of time and additional complication I had to deal with, no compensation for anything what so ever, that is after I directly pointed out the level of ridiculessness of the situations to boths representatives of Lenovo and ASI system integration. They just said sorry for that, nothing can be done other than wait.

This is the level of the  customer care you get from Lenovo, and btw, any reviews I wrote about my experience on the main webiste for the 5th gen X1 carbon were "moderated" out. Even when I described how much I loved that laptop and how great it is when it was working and I am only unhappy about the after-sale sevice.

veriton
Token Ring
Views: 607
Message 112 of 121

Has anyone had this battery recall done recently?

Can anyone say how to tell if the screw is loose/sticking up? It would be good to do a visual inspection.

_____
X1C5 May 17 | i7-7600U 16G 1TB LTE W10-1709 | USB3 dock + two 1080p displays, 25% on road
X220: i7, 16GB, m500 960GB, F5521gw
bac123
Punch Card
Views: 593
Message 113 of 121

I finally got around to this a couple of weeks ago. I ended up taking my machine to Micro Center in Paterson, N.J., where the folks were familiar with the recall and checked out the issue while I waited. Probably 20 or 25 minutes total. I was assured that there were no loose screws and no battery damage. 

I had earlier called Lenovo, which sent a shipping box that offered questionable protection. As I didn't want to be without the laptop for a week or more, I tried Micro Center (which the Lenovo phone agent didn't seem to know about), and was very pleased with the service I received (under warranty). 

nikitag
Paper Tape
Views: 363
Message 114 of 121

Hi, everyone.

At the beginning of August 18', I found out about the voluntary recall program. Submitted a request for a check on 10th of August. The technician from the local Russian service provider (www.cpstc.com) visited me @ my office today, checked the screws and said everything was alright. The whole operation took less than 5 minutes.

dennis131
Fanfold Paper
Views: 263
Message 115 of 121

I went to the link and put in MT and SN and selected "Submit" and nothing happened???
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 242
Message 116 of 121

Hi dennis131, welcome to the Community,

Could you please send me your MTM and serial number by private message; I'll check it manually for you and let you know.

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

rfp89
Paper Tape
Views: 97
Message 117 of 121

Hi!

I sent my x1 carbon to lenovo a month ago because of the recall. Customer service has been dismal (and at times quite rude), and despite multiple calls to tech support I have no estimate for when I might be getting it back.

If I don't receive help promptly I'll be filing a complaint with the Canadian Better Business Bureau. For the others who have had similar frustrations, you might consider the same.

Thanks!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 93
Message 118 of 121

Hello rfp89, and welcome to the Community,

I also don't understand why it should be taking so long. Could you please post your case number and with that I should be able to find out more about why it is taking so long.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

rfp89
Paper Tape
Views: 90
Message 119 of 121

Thanks! It's 406QQKH
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 81
Message 120 of 121

Thanks for the case number, I'll see what I can find out and let you know if service isn't quicker.

Andy

English Community Leader

Top Kudoed Authors