Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anne20
Paper Tape
Views: 1,210
Message 41 of 111

Re: Voluntary Recall Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th Generation

Same here. The nearest partner is like 100 miles away, and I don't have a car to go over there. I need my X1 for everyday work as well so I can't afford shipping it to Lenovo for a repair, which will take about a week.
mrbotchan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,195
Message 42 of 111

If the laptop is inspected/repaired and deemed to be in good shape, will it forever be "recalled", meaning it can never be resold and is banned from flights? Seems to be a lot of confusion on this.

hux12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,177
Message 43 of 111

If you read the recall statement carefully, a federal agency got involved and requested the recall. It means it must have some public saftey relevance. Also, the intruction says you should bring your unit to check-up at an authorized partner. But I suggest people should check with the TSA before taking it onto a flight, if your x1 hasn't been checked, for saftey but also for legal reasons.

hux12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,126
Message 44 of 111

Hi Adrew,

Did your warranty cover a on-site repair or you had depote they upgraded you? Now if kinda feel stupid to have brought my x1 to a depot and will probably face 10 days or more waiting time, instead of call the support line more times. The line was always busy and hang up on me every time I called btw.  I need my laptop for work travel in 9 days and I cannot risk to bring a fire hazard item onto a flight.

Moreover, I still cannot believe that I cannot locate a single Lenovo technician in the entire Manhattan for a quick check of this issue but have to send it away and wait for 10 days or more. I mean what kind of support network is this for a big company like Lenovo?

@Andrew250 wrote:

I have to take back my complaint. I got through to support, and the agent will follow up with an on-site repair for me. That's good. It worked out in the end. Just some initial frustration with the first disconnects. If it happens to you, keep calling back and eventually you get put in the phone queue where the real wait begins. 

hux12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,111
Message 45 of 111

@mrbotchan wrote:

If the laptop is inspected/repaired and deemed to be in good shape, will it forever be "recalled", meaning it can never be resold and is banned from flights? Seems to be a lot of confusion on this.

Hi! I think if it is inspected by a Lenovo certified partner, and there is no loose screw and the battery is undamaged, then it should be safe for flights, since Lenovo claims there is no "design flaws" but rather some mishaps during the assembly, unless we hear anything from the TSA that x1 is banned.

Andrew250
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,079
Message 46 of 111

I bought the on-site, next business day warranty, so it's covered by that. We'll see if that actually happens tomorrow. No one called me today to set anything up. I'm going to my office tomorrow, too. 

JeremyChen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,055
Message 47 of 111

Hi, I received an email from Lenovo said will send a box to ship my device back to repair center, which takes about 10 days. Also , I find a Lenovo service provider (Micro Center) nearby, can I just bring my laptop there and get it inspected and fixed? Wanted to know if is the same in micro center doing the service?

scs3jb
Paper Tape
Views: 1,013
Message 48 of 111

So it seems the website checker is broken, I put in my serial number (model 20HR and ********, with date 17/06) and it repeatedly says "SPECIAL INSTRUCTION".  This is the second defect on this laptop, the F and D keys keep getting stuck, and now I read the laptop is at risk of spontaneous combustion? 

The laptop runs very hot but being a lenovo this seems to be normal in my experience.

Please contact me with details on whether the laptop is a fire risk.

Admin note; serial number edited to avoid possible abuse

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,004
Message 49 of 111

Hello scs3jb, welcome to the Community,

Please try again replacing the third character in your serial number with a zero "0"; Lenovo has never used the letter "O" (Oscar) in serial numbers.  And yes your system is affected by the recall and you should please contact support as advised in the document.

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

scs3jb
Paper Tape
Views: 999
Message 50 of 111

The site is only in spanish, how do I get english support?

Top Kudoed Authors