10-18-2020

TR

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Warranty Situation

2020-10-18, 2:18 AM

Hello! I have a X280 for almost a year now. I bought this pc 2019 november as unused but second hand. First sale date is 25 Oct 2018. My problem is I had warranty since last month and it was until 24 Oct 2021. Last week i was going to give my pc to service and on my last check there was no warranty, it was suddenly gone, according to system it never started. I tried to connect Lenovo Turkey but apparently there is no such thing as Lenovo Turkey. Whatever, I tried help tickets from the lenovo site and they told me there is no warranty for second hand devices. I tried to reach on other canals but i couldn't find anyting. Does someone have any tips for me to solve this situation ? I am a self sufficent university student in Turkey and even touchpad is 3/4 of my part time job salary. I found a phone screenshot that shows the warranty status from the week i got the pc. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. 

Options

9390 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32652 Signins

1208370 Page Views

• Views: 1208370
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Warranty Situation

2020-10-18, 13:45 PM

Hello and welcome to Community,

The warranty entitlement is related to the serial number and not the owner with the exception when systems are sold to brokers who become responsible for any warranty offers they may make, at that time the Lenovo warranty is cancelled. If you purchased the system from a private person there should be no issue and I would suggest clarifying that with support.

In regard to your Thunderbolt question, please ensure you are using the correct port, only the USB-C toward the front of the system is Thunderbolt compatible

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/x280_sg_en.pdf 

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete