Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheGreatLeigh
What's DOS?
Views: 991
Message 1 of 3

Warranty and upgrades

I'd like to upgrade the hard drive on my x60s.  I found the ThinkPad 250GB 5400 rpm Serial ATA Hard Drive through the "find compatable accessories for your computer" link on Lenovo's website.

I've spent the past 45 minutes trying to find out whether buying and installing this myself will void the warranty, but you can't actually view your warranty on the website (at least not as far as I can tell - if anyone knows how please share).  Here is the information I was able to obtain:

In warranty        2010-01-07        UNITED STATES

This product has a three year limited warranty which includes a ThinkPlus warranty upgrade. This product is entitled to parts and labor and is entitled to EZServ. This machine is also entitled to the Thinkpad Protection Service. Customers may call the PC HelpCenter for more information.

So, am I safe to buy the hard drive from Lenovo and install it myself?  Or do I need to take it to a service provider?

SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 989
Message 2 of 3

Re: Warranty and upgrades

welcome to the forum!

installing a new hard drive will not void your warranty.   hard drives are considered customer-replaceable units (CRUs) by lenovo.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

TheGreatLeigh
What's DOS?
Views: 987
Message 3 of 3

Re: Warranty and upgrades

Excellent!  Thank you for the speedy response.  :-)

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors