Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-21-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Warranty changed to expired

2020-10-21, 3:13 AM

Funny situation. I bought my laptop from newegg vendor back in July 2020. When I first loaded it up, it said I had 1 year warranty from its original sold date which was 3/24/2020 and I get to upgrade.

I didn't get to it until recently and when I checked again my status has been upgraded to expired -- the expiration date 3/25/2020 the day after it was originally sold.

I've had so many unfortunate encounters with this warranty issue. First the newegg vendor flat out lied saying it had 3 year warranty which it didn't. Now Lenovo seems to be able to just revoke warranty on will.

Anyone experience the same? Any way to get warranty status changed?

Options

67 Posts

03-29-2017

Norway

147 Signins

645 Page Views

• Views: 645
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Warranty changed to expired

2020-10-21, 8:24 AM

Have you considered contacting Lenovo's support and enquiring....?

Just a thought. 

I have had (minor) warranty status related issues and they have been quite helpful.

Options

2465 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

267 Signins

12516 Page Views

• Views: 12516
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-10-21, 10:38 AM

Hi jcn1213,

If you have not put in for an update of the warranty no the device yourself, or contacted Lenovo support to help you with updating the Warranty in the system. Usually by submitting a POP (Proof of Purchase). Then the warranty that you see is using the "Manufacturing" date of the device, which is probably why it looks like it's out now.

I believe you can put in a warranty update yourself here

or contact Lenovo Support for your country directly as mentioned about and provide them with a PoP for them to update the warranty in the system. This update can take up to 48hours before it takes effect/shows in the system/status.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

10-21-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-10-22, 1:29 AM

This is the response that I got from Lenovo.

Not sure what else to do. The dates I provided are manufactured dates and it states that its expired the day after. I was sold the laptop by third party vendor from newegg with guarantee of 3 year warranty which didn't happen. I figure then I can just purchase the warranty, now I've also gotten that right taken away also because Lenovo just revoked it.

It's interesting that Lenovo update this status weeks after I bought the laptop so that I can't even return it to newegg either. This is kind of a terrible situation.

Moderator note: image containing OP's and Lenovo employee's personal information removed per Community Guidelines  please re-post with personal information obscured, or quote only the pertinent text.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms