Options

17 Posts

11-07-2011

Phily, USA

152 Signins

524 Page Views

• Views: 524
  • Message 1 of 2

What is Wrong With the Screen on My New X1CT?

2013-02-08, 20:09 PM

Guys, what the hell is wrong with the screen on my new (an hour ago) X1CT?  Its like there is a matte cover over the screen.  I read about the screendoor and I don't think this is that.  Its like the colors are all off, white is grey and grey is white.  There are weird lines and shimmering on the screen.  

It seems to be okay on the W8 start page but there is no white there, just the metro tiles.  I have checked all settings and there is nothing I can do with any settings.

In the pic below see how the whites and greys are even reversed on the same webpage?  

I just took it out of the box and started to set it up.  I'm not sure what is going on but it certainly is not right.  I doubgt i can use it like this.

Thanks in advanced for any ideas.

EJ

Link to image

Moderator comment: Image(s) >50KB converted to link(s). Community Rules.

Options

17 Posts

11-07-2011

Phily, USA

152 Signins

524 Page Views

• Views: 524
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: What is Wrong With the Screen on My New X1CT?

2013-02-08, 21:26 PM

They are sending out a tech with a new screen and cable on Monday am.  If that doesn't fix it then its going back.  I've decided that its somthing physical as the screen just cannot make white.  The google homepage is grey not white.  There is banding and artifacts all over and even screen memory when I close windows and such.  There is no way its supposed to be like this.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save