cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 179
Message 1 of 3

Which CPU do you recommend for Carbon X1 Gen 6?

Hello, I am considering to buy a Carbon X1 Gen 6. I want a laptop that has no heat (uncomfortably hot when using it on the laps), noisy fan nor thermal throttling issues when doing productivity work, playing youtube 4K videos, perhaps some CAD and Matlab, connecting to a 4K monitor and TB3 dock, etc. In this case, which CPU option do you recommend?

lastangel18
Punch Card
Views: 158
Message 2 of 3

Re: Which CPU do you recommend for Carbon X1 Gen 6?

Mine is i7-8650u and I don't have any of issues you worry. I undervolted and repasted (may not need at all).  In the 25C room temperature, 33-35C in idle and get 40-45C when watching 4k youtube contents.  In normal usuage, the temp is under 50C most of time unless there are massive Windows updates.  So it's pretty much quiet.  I don't have TB3 dock so I can't answer how it will affect the temperature.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 148
Message 3 of 3

Re: Which CPU do you recommend for Carbon X1 Gen 6?

I have an x1 yoga gen3, which is like an x1 carbon with a touch screen.  I also have i7-8650u and have no heat issues.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals