cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SD_Colorado
SCSI Port
Views: 2,750
Message 61 of 107

Re: Why there is still no review on X1 Extreme?

@didierw wrote:

Hi,

@SD_Colorado

I'm planning to buy the x1 extreme with the 4k display too ... but I'm hesitating.

How is battery life with the 4k display, is it ok?

In general are you happy with it?

Many thx for your answers!

Didier

I have only run mine down a couple of time and was getting about 8 hours battery with my workflow. In my test of Lenovo's 0-80 in 60 claims, I achieved 84% battery in that hour. In general, I have been very happy with it after 1 week. This coming from a MBP convert over the past 12 years, so I am still having a little bit of a learning curve Smiley Happy

JSPomer
Paper Tape
Views: 2,486
Message 62 of 107

lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 2,412
Message 63 of 107

What is your workflow? After a week of using it, how is the heat and fan noise?
wippozippo
What's DOS?
Views: 2,128
Message 64 of 107

Does anyone know if you can charge the laptop with the thunderbolt docking station, or do you need a seperate charger? Is there a docking station that will charge it?

ThinkBox
Token Ring
Views: 2,124
Message 65 of 107

of course you can charge it...with ThinkPad Thunderbolt Dock (135-Watt) 40AC0135EU , no problem....at all...

best regards...

wippozippo
What's DOS?
Views: 2,098
Message 66 of 107

Thanks for the fast answer. 

You use this setup yourself? Because officially through docksearch https://www.lenovo.com/be/nl/docksSearch/ it's not supported. 

Thx

doomboss
SCSI Port
Views: 1,515
Message 67 of 107

Review for the X1 Extreme by Notebookcheck.net finally! https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Extreme-i7-4K-HDR-GTX-1050-Ti-Max-Q-Laptop-Review.3...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo W530, i7-3740QM, Quadro k1000m, 512GB Crucial MX100 SATA SSD, 64GB Samsung mSATA SSD, 12GB 1600MHZ RAM
Views: 1,492
Message 68 of 107

A bit of an odd review.  Is the unit being reviewed pre-production?  He mentions the glossy screen being an issue, but I actually found the anti-glare/anti-smudge coating to do a pretty good job controlling glare.  Much better than most 4K touch displays I have seen.  Also I have more than 1 color profile installed and none are the one he mentions "extended color gamut."  Unless I am looking in the wrong place.

didierw
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,441
Message 69 of 107

I'm still considering to buy the x1 extreme fully equipped with 4k or FHD display ... still unsure:

a) as I really don't like glossy screens and

b) I want a decent battery life, 4k consumes much more power.

Their final thoughts about the 4k glossy problem is kind of of a cold shower: "The very glossy screen surface is another problem." This was kind of really disappointing to me.

I hope there will be other reviews ... still nothing on youtube etc ....

@SD_Colorado You have the 4k Display .. .you seem to be happy with it, are you saying it is not as glossy as they wrote?

Thx!

SD_Colorado
SCSI Port
Views: 1,357
Message 70 of 107

@didierw

@SD_Colorado You have the 4k Display .. .you seem to be happy with it, are you saying it is not as glossy as they wrote?

Thx!

@didierw, In my opinion, it is not.  Perhaps it is a matter of perspective.  If your preference is for matte displays and what you are used to is matte displays and you consider a gloss display with any level of gloss/reflection a problem.  Then sure, it is a problem, just as the rest of the genre is a problem.

But, in relation to other gloss displays, I think his comment is very misleading.  My wife's MacBook Pro has a glossier display.  Apple evens that playing field a little when the displays are on, by having a higher screen brightness, but the display is still glossier and prone to some reflection and the Apple display is pretty good.  The Surface line, The Dell XPS 2-1 and maybe others use Gorilla Glass and are extremely shiny. That's a whole different class and far more problematic.

The anti-glare/anti-smudge coating reminds me a bit of the panel on my Sony XBR TV or a little like a smartphone if you put an anti-glare screen protector on it. It is still glossy, not as glossy as straight up glass, but it isn't matte either.  

I guess it all depends on what you are used to.  But to say it is a problem?  I asked in the comment section if he had a pre-production unit because I am wondering if it straight up didn't have the coating.

Not sure if this helps, but you can see the MacBookPro on the right is much more shiny, reflective and the refection is crisper and clearer.

So, I think if you find the gloss of the X1E to be a problem, you pretty much find all glossy displays to be a problem. 

IMG_0098-XL

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors