Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeneryHawk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,372
Message 1 of 15

WiFi Problems when wake from sleep - "No Internet, secured"

I get this very often and it is extremely annoying.  After waking from sleep I get the error noted in the subject.  I need to disconnect and reconnect to the ssid and it works again.

Common suggestions on the interweb are to disable power saving setting for the network adapter but this Carbon X1 6th Gen does not have those power settings.

Ideas???

Guru
Views: 5,357
Message 2 of 15

Re: WiFi Problems when wake from sleep - "No Internet, secured"

Someone else plus myself have the same problem.  See below post.  Maybe you can try the intel drivers?  I myself am waiting for Lenovo to fix it.  If it takes too long I may try the Intel drivers too.  I do not kow if the Intel drivers will fix the problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-6th-Gen-loosing-wifi-gateway-after-...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

HeneryHawk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,319
Message 3 of 15

Thanks for the tip @green5178

I just loaded the intel driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/94150/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8265

20.70.6.1 for 8265/8260 (Only available in 64bit version)

which has the following in the release notes:

Key Issues Fixedand Changes

On a system which supports Modern Standby, the WiFi network connection may be lost after entering Sleep mode.

Time will tell...

Bthurber
Serial Port
Views: 5,273
Message 4 of 15

Are you able to get the internet back? For me, when this happens, the only solution I have found is to do Windows 10 Reset My PC - which reinstalls Windows 10.

For me, the reason, I get "No Internet" is that the Windows DNS Client stops working. In other-words, I can ping IP addresses on the internet, but Windows will not resolve domains. If I use nslookup, I can resolve domains (it must bypass the Windows DNS client.).

I have had this issue with my P50 - which actually caused me to purchase a new laptop - the X1 Extreme. Lucky me, I also get this problem with the X1 Extreme! 

HeneryHawk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,233
Message 5 of 15

The driver upate seems to be working fine for me.  No instances of "No internet, secured." errors when waking from sleep.

robinsan1
Paper Tape
Views: 4,687
Message 6 of 15

This worked for me! Thank you so much!
JAxe
Paper Tape
Views: 4,353
Message 7 of 15

I recently started having the same problem and I think it was after a Lenovo system update of the WLAN driver to 20.70.10.2.  I went to Intel site and got the 20.70.9.1 driver.  So far that seems to have solved the problem.

X1 Carbon 6th Gen with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8625.  Windows 10 Pro v1903.

NexusLexus
Paper Tape
Views: 4,287
Message 8 of 15

Downgrading the driver (from 20.70.10.2) worked for me as well. 

I downloaded version 20.70.9.1 from here.

However, simply running Intel's .exe file didn't do anything, probably because a newer driver version was installed. To solve this, I went to Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> right click on Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 -> Update driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list... -> choose the 2nd option from the top.

This installs an older driver version. After that, I ran the .exe file from Intel's site and it updated the driver to version 20.70.9.1.

Razen
What's DOS?
Views: 4,239
Message 9 of 15

Thank so much for the help!
NexusLexus
Paper Tape
Views: 3,961
Message 10 of 15

Update:
The problem returned, and upon inspection I found out that Lenovo Vantage has auto-updated the driver back to the faulty version.
So you'll have to turn off auto updates in Vantage in order to prevent this from happening.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors