Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dillius1024
Paper Tape
Views: 828
Message 11 of 15

Re: WiFi Problems when wake from sleep - "No Internet, secured"

I don't even think this is the exact same problem again. This is an even newer driver version according to the Installation History in Vantage...

It seems like they moved on to another new version of the intel drive that just released here and end of June/beginning of July and that one STILL has this outstanding issue despite reports from months ago about it.

HeneryHawk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 785
Message 12 of 15

Mine started failing again in the in the same manner it was prior to the fix.  I hate when updates break things that have already been fixed.

20.70.6.1 -  that I manually loaded seemed to fix the bug months ago.

20.70.10.2 - current driver version exhibiting the same connection problems I had previously.

20.70.9.1 - trying this per reco a few posts back...

Abiye
What's DOS?
Views: 680
Message 13 of 15

Havin the same issue on 30 new X1 Yoga's, very furstrating for the users and in turn me.  Might have to send them back unless there is a solution sooner than later.

tenroc
Paper Tape
Views: 485
Message 14 of 15

I was also having this issue on 20.70.10.2.  I would open my laptop after arriving at a new location, such as a starbucks, and the wifi menu would still show as being connected to my home wifi. I would have to cycle the WiFi off and on before it would correctly auto-reconnect to the nearby SSID.

I just rolled back to 20.70.9.2 and went ahead and opened an Intel support case. I'll report back soon if this driver works ok, and I have a call with Intel tomorrow to do a clean driver reinstall on 20.70.10.2.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 423
Message 15 of 15

Rolling the driver back to the previous version is the correct workaround. Lenovo and Intel are working on this problem.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors