Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlieo
Paper Tape
Views: 922
Message 1 of 6

Windows 10 Creators Update Breaks X1 Carbon Screen Dimmer & External Displays

Just wasted a ton of time on this.

Installed creators and immediately saw two problems.  Solved one.  Could do not solve other:

1. Screen Dimmer broke: The dimmer control would no longer dim.  I could get full bright or min dim no matter where the control was placed.  After many hours of trying different drivers, firmware, etc, finally had to revert to prior version of Windows 10 (i.e. before creators update).

2. Initially, external monitors failed.  Eventually solved that by reinstalling drivers.  But given the first problem, it no longer mattered.

You may wish to avoid this update as I've found a fair number of display related issues with this release.

Charlie

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 857
Message 2 of 6

Re: Windows 10 Creators Update Breaks X1 Carbon Screen Dimmer & External Displays

Hi Charlie,

I don't have an answer for you, but I am making a list of problems encountered after the Creators Update. Which X1 Carbon generation do you have? If it is an older X1C, did you upgrade from another version of Windows?

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

charlieo
Paper Tape
Views: 852
Message 3 of 6

Re: Windows 10 Creators Update Breaks X1 Carbon Screen Dimmer & External Displays

4th Gen 20FB, Windows 10 Pro

Thanks!

Charlie

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 842
Message 4 of 6

@charlieo wrote:

4th Gen 20FB, Windows 10 Pro

Thanks!

Charlie

Thank you for the information.  I am surprised that is happening on such a new model. Smiley Surprised

I hope there will be a fix soon.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Highlighted
theistus
Paper Tape
Views: 805
Message 5 of 6

Haven't had either of these problem on my 20fb (4th gen x1c) after the creators update. Do you have all the latest driver updates, etc?
Shinymoon
Punch Card
Views: 790
Message 6 of 6

None of these issues experienced on X1 Carb 5th gen.

However twice a blue screen due to WLAN driver issue (after updating to Win 10 Creators). 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors