cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewDaddy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,173
Message 1 of 2

Windows 10 graphics driver unavailable for X61 with Intel 965 Express Chipset?

It all started when I wanted to increase the contrast of the LCD screen.

Normally, the contrast adjustment should be available in the advanced graphics settings, but it was nowhere to be found in Windows 10.

After a few internet queries, it became clear to me that Intel has built drivers for the 965 Express Chipset in X61 for up to Windows 7.

Does this mean I have no means of adjusting the contrast of my X61 in Windows 10?

zahgrim
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,150
Message 2 of 2

Re: Windows 10 graphics driver unavailable for X61 with Intel 965 Express Chipset?

In all fairness, I don't have an X61, but I did have an X41, currently have an X230t and an 11e.  I also have an ElectroVaya SC4000 based on the 945 chipset that supports WDDM 1.0 on Windows 10.  I have brightness control, but like you state, missing the Intel control panel features.  Now for the back story.

To attain my Windows 10 free entitlement, I upgraded from Windows Vista, to Windows 7 Home Premium (family 3 pack), to Windows 10.  During the Vista installation, Windows Updates applied the native media center for the capactive quick feature keys but also the Intel driver with the control panel.  Following the upgrade, it was swell to have those features available in Windows 10.  But then the SSD mating connector came loose from being tossed too often in my backpack and corrupted the upgraded Windows.  Instead of plowing back through the upgrade process from Vista, I opted for a clean installation.  

With the clean installation, I no longer have the Intel control panel or the media center quick keys.

If you upgraded from your factory shipped OS up through Windows 10, I got nothin' -- (as in I'm sorry but I'm fresh out of ideas).  If you performed a fresh install of Windows 10, perhaps the older WDDM 1.0 from Vista will supply the additional Intel brightness and color calibration but you might need to upgrade from Vista.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors