Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-04-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 1

Wireless adapter doesn't work after sleep mode and suggested driver doesn't install Machine 20KH /KG

2020-09-04, 20:21 PM

For last week whenever I leave my laptop for sometime and laptop goes to sleep mode the wireless adaptor doesn't connect at all. I have restart to the laptop to connect again. I tried different solutions like reinstalling the driver automatically. I tried to remove the check from Power Management tab of wireless adapter properties but that power management tab is not showing. I tried with registry edit to get the power management tab but didn't work.

Finally from Lenovo site I tried to install the drive and following is what Lenovo suggests

Intel 8265 Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 10 (Version 1709 or later) - ThinkPad

•  
  •  

Intel Wireless LAN driver.

Intel 9260 Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 10 (Version 1803 or later) - ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 6, ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 3

•  
  •  

Intel 9260 Wireless LAN Driver.

Intel Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 10 (Version 1703 and older versions) - ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 6 (Machine types: 20KH, 20KG)

My machine it auto detects as 20KH / 20KG so I selected the last one but it gives a message that this driver cannot be installed in your system. If I install the first one then the issue remains of wireless doesn't connect.  

Appreciate any help.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms