Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-17-2019

Australia

12 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 1 of 4

Wireless keyboard lag and repeated keystrokes after installing latest Power Management Driver update

2021-04-12, 5:18 AM

Hi all,

Has anyone else noticed input lag/repeated strokes following the latest power management driver update with their wireless keyboard (Lenovo Power Management Driver - 10 [64] - 1.67.17.54)?

Sometimes, when I start typing after a little rest (~2mins) there is a 1sec delay before the keystrokes appear on the screen. This is then immediately followed by the last keystroke being repeated indefinitely until I tap another key on the keyboard to stop it. I've had this keyboard for 4 years and it's never done this before. It's now happening ~5 times per day. I haven't changed my setup and I've changed the keyboard batteries.

Just wondering whether anyone has experieced anything similar?

Thanks.

Machine: X13 AMD

Keyboard: Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless (USB dongle)

Options

1590 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

106 Signins

7990 Page Views

• Views: 7990
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Wireless keyboard lag and repeated keystrokes after installing latest Power Management Driver update

2021-04-12, 14:09 PM

Hello djtm,

Greetings

Kindly update the BIOS and drivers thru the support site.
Also under BIOs, load the default settings.
Then disconnect and reconfigure the wireless keyboard from the computer.

Update us how it goes

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

11-17-2019

Australia

12 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Wireless keyboard lag and repeated keystrokes after installing latest Power Management Driver update

2021-04-15, 22:13 PM
BIOS and drivers already up to date. I haven't changed any of the default settings in the BIOS, however, I still loaded the default just in case. I then deleted the keyboard driver from the system and reinstalled. Problem persists. Seeing that others haven't experienced this, it could be something isolated with my system.
Options

1590 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

106 Signins

7990 Page Views

• Views: 7990
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-20, 13:45 PM

Perhaps, a rollback of the said driver can help isolate the issue.

If not, try system restore - jumping back to a previous working restore date.

Update us how it goes

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms