Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MHO
Paper Tape
Views: 217
Message 1 of 3

Writing AGAIN AFTER LENOVO REJECTED MY PREVIOUS POST

I must say, I am extremely shocked at how Lenovo, a world class brand, runs their marketing and customer service. I realized after ordering my customized X1 extreme Gen 2 online that many customers who purchase customized product experience absurd delay in the shipment. The website tells you it will take 12days for shipment, but the product hasn't been shipped until today which is 16 days since time of purchase. I called the customer service, and they avoid giving definitive answers and simply repeat that they will get back to me via e-mail.

The time of delivery process is definitely a crucial factor in choosing a product. If i knew it would take more than a month to get my laptop, I would not have chosen Lenovo, or the mode of purchase. This definitely can be felt to be deliberate intention by Lenovo in luring the customers with false, deceitful advertising. At least, Lenovo must state transparently that it will take ~1 month until customers will receive their products, not 12 days (I've seen many people complain online that it took average 1 month to get their laptop).

The customer service is another thing. I called multiple times and they simply told me that they will send me an e-mail after checking with the fullfilment team. I received an e-mail saying " I haven't received any update yet from our fulfillment team. Will inform you if I receive any update from them.". I reached out multiple times after that asking for the status immediately after receiving the e-mail, and it's been 5 days without a single respond.

I have read a post where they say Lenovo having a supplier that has to meet with the high demand and customers being at the end of the production chain. If that is true, at least SHOW IT ON YOUR WEBSITE THAT IT WILL TAKE 30 DAYS, NOT 12. The psychological burden and stress caused by Lenovo's intentionally misguiding, deceitful marketing strategy is severe.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 174
Message 2 of 3

Re: Writing AGAIN AFTER LENOVO REJECTED MY PREVIOUS POST

Your previous post (the first one ever for your user ID) was pulled by an automated filter after you edited it 9 times, which is a technique used by trolls and spammers to get improper posts past spam detectors.

In fact, Lenovo and other computer makers are, in fact, the last link in the supply chain.  Delivery estimates on the website are the best guesses available, based on schedules provided by suppliers.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
MHO
Paper Tape
Views: 105
Message 3 of 3

Re: Writing AGAIN AFTER LENOVO REJECTED MY PREVIOUS POST

Thank you richk, for taking the time to read and respond. I understand that my previous post was rejected by the automated filter system by Lenovo.

To your later point, Lenovo and other computer makers may be the last link in the supply chain, as you claim.

But I don't see how this can explain Lenovo advertising 12 days ESTIMATED delivery when in reality it takes ~30 days.

Ironically, you are saying Lenovo and other computer makers are in the last link in the supply chain, reasoning for the late delivery. If so, Lenovo's delivery time estimation equation is either terribly off by more than 100% (12 days to 30 days in avg), or it is Lenovo's deliberate intention in false advertisement in delivery time.

Lenovo must either FIX the delivery time estimation calculation, OR stop tricking the customers with the promise of quick delivery and be transparent.

Again, thank you sincerely, for taking the time to respond to my frustration.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors