cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coronadoisdead
Token Ring
Views: 929
Message 211 of 218

Re: X Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2012)

Oh lord.

Ordered my X230 on 12/13/2012.  Est. Ship date of 12/19 at order.  Current ship date estimate 12/25.

I move on the 31st.  Cutting it a little close....

Also, my credit card already has my new address as the primary, and I am shipping to the old address.  I called my credit card company and they added my old address as a memo on the file.  That's what I was supposed to do, right?

agar
Paper Tape
Views: 812
Message 212 of 218

Configuration: x230 i5 3320M, Win7 Pro x64, 500GB 7200, Advanced-N 6205, Premium HD 2x2, 720p camera/Bluetooth, keyboard lighting/fingerprint reader, 4GB RAM, X44+ battery, 2 years onsite/damage

+ free Gobi 3000 wwan card

Ordered on the 1st of December, order was cancelled by Lenovo on the 7th without warning or notification. I received an e-mail a week later claiming it was due to a shortage of the Gobi card, which contradicted the CSR's phone explanation (incompatability with Win8). Placed a new order that day, same configuration (minus Windows 8), same price. Went to "In Production" on the 12th or so, where it has remained since then.

Shipping date has been pushed from the 15th to the 18th, and now to the 19th. A month to make and ship a laptop is fine and reasonable, but I really wish they had called me and asked whether I even wanted the free Gobi WWAN card, before cancelling my order because of it and sending me to the back of the line. It doesn't look like it will arrive for Christmas. I'll add my date when it does ship, for those also tracking their recent Lenovo purchases.

agar
Paper Tape
Views: 773
Message 213 of 218

Shipped, on the 19th. Was very worried I would be one of the unlucky few hit with extended delays. May yet arrive in time!

Rungurl
What's DOS?
Views: 744
Message 214 of 218

Ordered the same on November 28; my ship date is now December 23.  This is really frustrating...  Maybe it IS the red top?  I wish our order page would offer some feedback as to why the orders keep getting postponed.

Last time I contacted customer service they amended my order with the note, "Ship UPS December 14"; except that the actual ship-date, displayed on the order is still December 23.  I'm kind of upset at customer service actually lying to me.

Coronadoisdead
Token Ring
Views: 704
Message 215 of 218

My laptop just shipped, but as it shipped a little bit late I am going to be out of town when it arrives. My apartment complex manager should be able to sign for it like she does the other packages correct? Just didn't know if there was anything different because this is a high ticket item.

Thanks all!
phonemobi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 678
Message 216 of 218

I posted an earlier msg on 7-Dec-12.

Ordered on 2-Dec-12.

Delivered into my hands on 23-Dec-12.

Not too shabby. It's a red X131e. The thing is HUGE compared to my old 10.1" netbook.

jc20
Blue Screen Again
Views: 570
Message 217 of 218

I just received my X230 on the 27th, with an original order date of the 13th.  Overall, the shipping was a lot faster than my previous order with IBM (T43), but the ordering process was a nightmare.

On 12/2, I ordered this machine, and chose to use Amazon payments.  The status was on "order processing" for a week and a half, until I called to investigate.  It actually took me two tries to figure this out.  The representative (non-US) apologized for the delay and mentions that it would be in production soon.  He offered me a 5% concession, and sent it over an email (not official looking, and poorly written, by the way).  After two days, I decided to call again.  Turns out Lenovo was waiting on Amazon to respond with the billing information, and the first representative didn't know what he was talking about.

On 12/13, I decided to call a US representative to cancel that order, and use a credit card instead, since that route seems to be much quicker.  During this cancel/reordering, I kept my eye on the prices and it turns out that I could get a GOBI WLAN card for free (the cheapest one).  I mentioned this, and the representative initially told me that it was a promotion, and that I could indeed get this card.  Within 5 minutes, I was told that it was a pricing error, and that they cannot offer that to me.  That seemed a little fishy, but at this point, I just wanted a machine, and didn't want to hassle with the GOBI card that I wasn't going to use.  The order was processed immedately and within a few days, went into production.  After that, it was pretty smooth.  The expected delivery date was 12/30, but I got it a few days earlier.

Overall, it seems that technically, people could get their orders delivered a lot faster, compared to 2006 when I ordered my T43, but there are definitely a lot of kinks to be ironed out.  Lessons learned:

• Do not call non-US support if not necessary, they will give you the run around, and will not be professional at all
  • Don't use Amazon payments when ordering, credit cards are faster.
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 426
Message 218 of 218

All,

Thanks for participating in the 2012 discussion. This thread is now closed for further comments with 2013 discussion continuing --> here.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors