cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irgomez
Not applicable
Views: 1,321
Message 21 of 218

Re: X Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2012)

What a fantastic day! I just went to the site to check my order status again (its becoming an awful habit), and I saw that there is a sale now. Literally like 10 hours after I purchased my x230t, it went down by like $180. I talked to a rep and they are going to help me by doing a pricematch and just refunding me the difference, or I can cancel the order and get a new one with an i7 processor for a few bucks CHEAPER than the one I ordered with i5. Awesome!

gmarkoma
Not applicable
Views: 1,278
Message 22 of 218

Hi,

On 29 July I ordered my x230 from the French web site of Lenovo. I paid by paypal so they already took my money. My "problem" is that I asked by email to try to ship it early because 11 of August I am leaving for holidays and during my order it was saying two working days for delivering which was impossible. So afterwards they sent me an email that we need 1-2 weeks to prepare the laptop and 3-6 days to arrive to me. So except that I am dissapointed that I will not have my laptop during holidays (I had to work) I should change also my address because nobody will be at home. I am waiting tomorrow to see if they can send it to me earlier or try to cancel it although I think I can't because it is a customized version.

edit: Does anyone know if the status of the order changes during some steps from the french site? I don't speak good French, thanks  

rml001
Not applicable
Views: 1,251
Message 23 of 218

I live in Australia, so had issue of credit card AND no interest in shipping to Australia. something to do with the fact the prices are 50% or more higher here, than in the USA.

Work arounds:

1. Use one of the international shipping drop boxes. You pay them, they process the order and get it delivered to their facility somewhere with low state taxes in the US and reship from there to your international address. They charge a fee, usually its about $50 plus the freight - SO WORTH IT.

2. Get a friend who lives in the USA to do the same thing. I sent the $$ to my girlfriend via PayPal (I took the Paypal exchange rate, it was OK) , and gave her my Lenovo access and password for the order I had set up. She completed the order with her nice US credit card and address, and took the delivery.  I picked it up a few weeks later when I was in the US. SO WORTH IT! Saved $700!!!!!!!

gmarkoma
Not applicable
Views: 1,231
Message 24 of 218

Update:

I ordered 07/29/2012 a customized x230
Start of shipment: 08/03/2012

Delivery according to UPS, 08/09/2012 in France.

gmarkoma
Not applicable
Views: 1,129
Message 25 of 218

I received mine today!  9 working days after my order.

varre
Not applicable
Views: 1,059
Message 26 of 218

Ordered x230 2306cto laptop on 31-July and the estimated shipping date was 06-Aug. When contacted sales person on 06-Aug, the order was moved to In-production and the estimated shipping date was moved to 10-Aug. Now today on 13-Aug again the shipping got moved to 14-Aug.

When we chat with lenovo customer care people, each time they will inform that any time today or tomorrow the order gets shipped.  Dont know when the order gets shipped. :-(

varre
Not applicable
Views: 1,021
Message 27 of 218

Again the shipping date postponed to 15-August.

varre
Not applicable
Views: 976
Message 28 of 218

Today they dont have any update . The response from the lenovo chat customer care.

I am sorry to inform you that the order is not shipped and we have not received the updated estimated shipping date for the order. However I have sent request to our supply team to provide us with the estimated shipping date for the order and will send you an e-mail once I get an update from them.

jayfalck
Not applicable
Views: 978
Message 29 of 218

Well, the X1 Carbon is back on the website and I went ahead and tried again. The good news is the ship date is expected to be 8/22. Fingers crossed. I'm hoping it will be customer upgradeable although it is not looking good. I only ordered the 128G drive and hope I can replace it with a 512g. It also sounds like you can only get 8G of memory if you order the i5 and I ordered an i7.

NateS
Not applicable
Views: 966
Message 30 of 218

@jayfalck wrote:

Well, the X1 Carbon is back on the website and I went ahead and tried again. The good news is the ship date is expected to be 8/22. Fingers crossed. I'm hoping it will be customer upgradeable although it is not looking good. I only ordered the 128G drive and hope I can replace it with a 512g. It also sounds like you can only get 8G of memory if you order the i5 and I ordered an i7.

The SSD in the x1c is not a typical 2.5 inch or mSATA interface unit, so I wouldn't be too hopeful about upgrading it to 512gb until (unless) Lenovo offers one specific to the platform. There was a post here that hinted at the wwan card being pullable in order to replace with an mSATA drive. Those are up to 256gb right now.

Cheers

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors