cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NightWinggl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,512
Message 51 of 218

Re: X Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2012)

Also they changed the status from Order Proccessing to Order received... This whole thing is really depressing. I acutally originally ordered on 8/14  (Launch Day) but canceled and Reordered to get the 8GB or RAM instead of the i7...

StrikeBack
Punch Card
Views: 1,489
Message 52 of 218

I cancelled my X1 Carbon order due to the shipping delays.

NightWinggl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,485
Message 53 of 218

Well... Now it's going to "Released to Manufacturing"  Maybe there is some hope...

ryben
Paper Tape
Views: 1,461
Message 54 of 218

Good to see an active Thinkpad community here.

I'm a bit mislead by the OP which states that the transaction won't happen until the product is shipped.. Lenovo didn't hesitate to take payment on the day of my purchase.

Aside from that, it's indeed a bit scary seeing people have such an extended wait. I ordered my x230t with an i7, 4gb RAM, 320gb HDD, webcam, fingerprint reader, and keyboard backlighting. The estimated ship date is 9/03.

I'm relatively patient, as long as there's no crazy trickery going on with the dates.

Thumper88
Token Ring
Views: 1,443
Message 55 of 218

I ordered my x230 on 8/23/12, and it will be at my door on 8/30/12. The thing is people will always be ready to complain, but not many go out of their way to give praise. I'd say 7 days is pretty good turnaround for a custom built system.

Former Administrator
Views: 1,385
Message 56 of 218

ryben,

If you paid via credit card, when you process the order (submit it) there is a charge hold placed on the card to verify it, but it is not the actually charge.   The charge hold will drop off after a couple of days.

We don't actually bill your CC until the order ships.

If you paid by debit card or money order, I believe those are processed up front..

Mark

ryben
Paper Tape
Views: 1,321
Message 57 of 218

Ah I see.  Thanks for clearing that up Mark. Yeah, I payed via debit.

Either way, I'm happy with the speed of things so far. The estimated ship date was 9/03. It's been shipped today on 8/28.

I'm not usually a big complainer, but it's not every day that I purchase a device more valuable than my car. Smiley Happy

That's probably more of a statement towards my car than the laptop though.

I'm not sure what standard to set for Lenovo in that price range but I've admittedly inheritted the attitude of other Thinkpad owners: to expect nothing short of perfection under the realistic limitations of modern hardware

P.S.: I've realized that his is not the Thinkpad tablet forum.

StrikeBack
Punch Card
Views: 1,271
Message 58 of 218

@Mark_Lenovo wrote:

ryben,

If you paid via credit card, when you process the order (submit it) there is a charge hold placed on the card to verify it, but it is not the actually charge.   The charge hold will drop off after a couple of days.

We don't actually bill your CC until the order ships.

If you paid by debit card or money order, I believe those are processed up front..

Mark

That is not the case in my case.  The funds were held at the time of the order on 8/14 then again on 8/22.  There is no apparent reason for the second charge.  It wasn't because the order shipped.

I intend to call Lenovo Sales Support tomorrow with Citi on the line to get the charges removed from my credit card account now that the order is cancelled.

Former Administrator
Views: 1,162
Message 59 of 218

Strikeback,

Yes, definitely call..   I'm trying to provide guidance on how the process is supposed to work - I suppose there can be errors and exceptions, and I'm sorry to hear that you seem to have been affected by one.

I'm also told that orders placed through Amazon might process a bit differently..

Was your order placed directly through Lenovo's shop site?

Do keep us posted, and if you feel you are stuck, please send me a PM with your order number and details and I'll do my best to arrange some help for you.

Best regards,

Mark

Former Administrator
Views: 1,159
Message 60 of 218

All,

As an update on X1 Carbon orders - these should be starting to move in the next day or so and I'm told that we expect to clear up the backlog by mid Sept.  Apologies for the delays that you have experienced so far.

I hope to have a further update on our progress at the end of this week.

Best regards,

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors