cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,430
Message 71 of 218

Re: X1 Carbon i5 - yet another delay in shipping my August 17 purchase until September 16 :-(

@FletchF wrote:

At least you have an updated estimated ship date. In my case, the ship date came and went with no notification. Two days later the estimated ship date simply went blank (and remains blank).

Lame.

Blank usually means cancelled.

jimscarff
What's DOS?
Views: 5,936
Message 72 of 218

Re: X1 Carbon i5 - yet a further delay in shipping!

Shipping my August 17 purchase which was supposed to happen in August has now been delayed for the FOURTH time from September 16 to September 19, not that Lenovo could be bothered to send me an e-mail or explanatino.

picassopc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,934
Message 73 of 218

Re: X1 Carbon i5 - yet a further delay in shipping!

Same story here - I cancelled the order today. Very disappointed with Lenovo's lack of customer service...
mareluce
HDMI
Views: 5,709
Message 74 of 218

Re: X Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2012)

>> Does anyone know if Lenovo responds to the websales@lenovo.com email address? My X1 Carbon was scheduled to ship on 8/28. Of course it never shipped and a day later the status reverted to "Order Received" with no ship date. My emails for clarification have been ignored.

I'm in same situation.  re: ship date and Emails to  websales@lenovo.com  are indeed ignored.

I ordered on 8/15.  Status changed from Order received to In Production and then back to Order Received.  Now, it's "in production" again.  

• 2012/08/31 = estimated ship date
  • 2012/09/09 = estimated delivery date

mareluce
HDMI
Views: 5,704
Message 75 of 218

Has anyone actually received it yet?

Sounds like production problems.
PNutts
Token Ring
Views: 5,173
Message 76 of 218

I'll throw my hat in... I'm in the middle of an order and no complaints so far. I'll post back with updates.

I ordered an x230 on Aug. 24th for personal use and shipped to my house. The shipping details are as follows:

• 08/29: China - Order processed: Ready for UPS
  • 08/29: Shanghai - Origin Scan and Export Scan
  • 08/30: Osaka - Departure Scan
  • 08/31: Louisville - Import Scan

I don't see how but the delivery status is On Time with a Scheduled Delivery today (9/4) by end of day. I'm in Oregon. So... I'll be pleasantly surprised if it comes today and won't be disappointed if it doesn't. I want to post my experience so others may have the information.

• 09/04: Louisville - Departure Scan
  • 09/04: Ontario CA - Arrival Scan

Not arriving today. Smiley Happy

Last update: It's out for delivery today (9/5). Apparently the original estimate did not take our Labor Day Holiday into consideration and delivery was extended by a day.

• 09/05: Delivered
NightWinggl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,827
Message 77 of 218

Okay, I'm angry. So I called Post Sales.. To find out what's going:

A) My order has been canceled and is being re-entered/ordered

B) This was due to the USB Ethernet Dongle being in short supply

C) This should be shipped no later than 9-16.

My order status still says Estimated Ship Date 9/18.

Here are my problems:

A) No communications about a delay other than my order status changed to 9/18 and my totals being zeroed out on the Order Page.

B) Ordered on 8\16, with No communications and a delay in shipping what if I had been a college student getting a new Laptop, and was moving? Seriously, New Semester time is starting, and these laptops aren't shipping till 9/16?!?!?

C) If the problem is really with an external component like a USB Ethernet Dongle, why can't Lenovo ship the **bleep** Laptops with out it? Then ship the dongles later?

D) They are still hyping this laptop on Twitter, and in ADs, yet they are having a major shipping problem on them, and not telling anyone unless you call in! **bleep**?

I'm pissed, I want my laptop. I love Thinkpads, but I don't think I'll ever buy one direct from Lenovo again.

johnSmith
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,050
Message 78 of 218

UK here, I must say it is rather interesting to see the international differences. In the UK the i7 is the most expensive X1C model, whereas in the US it is the i5 8GB. When I ordered mine (8/30) there was already a note saying that the ethernet dongle was currently unavailable, so we'll see how it affects the order (i5/8GB/256).

Sanjaygolf
Paper Tape
Views: 3,438
Message 79 of 218

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to receive tracking info from a purchase from the Lenovo Outlet. I bought a refurbished X220 last Friday (8/30). The order status showed est. shipping of 9/4 but that was yesterday.
NightWinggl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,697
Message 80 of 218

So, stupid question, If I look at the Sales page for the Carbon most configurations show an Estimated Ship Date of 9-11, Any chance that Lenovo will ship out any of the Back ordered X1 Carbons from the people who already ordered before this 9-11 date. Or are we all stuck waiting till the magical promised 9-16 date. I'm sorry, if I'm being snarky, but I don't have a lot of faith in Lenovo right now, seeing as they really have neglected to make customers aware of the massive deplay on this laptop, while still Advertising it like mad.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors