Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TravellinMike
Not applicable
Views: 1,341
Message 41 of 116

Re: X1CT

I am absolutely speechless...

Just like everyone here, my X1CT, which was ordered on Dec 12, now says that it is shipped (although no tracking information is available.)

Highlighted
Bigmouth
Not applicable
Views: 1,315
Message 42 of 116

Again, you may not get an email confirming it has shipped. At least, I didn't. There should be a link on your Lenonovo order page to the UPS website once you have a tracking number. If the label has been created but the item hasn't been delivered to UPS yet, you can still get info by going to the UPS website, choosing Track by Reference, and entering your Lenovo order number.

@lebouitz wrote:
I ordered Dec 13. Status shows shipped but no email with shipping confirm and tracking number.

lebouitz
Not applicable
Views: 1,273
Message 43 of 116

Thx. I subsequently received a shipping email from Lenovo. I was beginning to think this was a unicorn like item.
wbcblogger
Not applicable
Views: 1,207
Message 44 of 116

Looks Like New Shipping Problems Today

Looks like new shipping problems today.  I ordered 2  x1 Carbon Touches with i7.

1 shipped as of 1/23/13 and is in Anchorage from Shanghai at the moment. 

The first order and second order had been going through the widely publicized 1 day at a time moveouts of expected ship date..........until today. 

Then, the first 1 shipped, the 2nd order moved out 1 day at a time again for expected ship date......until today.

Today, the expected ship date jumped "12 days", until 2/7/13.

Inquiry to Lenovo had a rep come up with a new excuse phrase, "shipment buffering".  Offering, when asked, no explanation for what that meant.

The situation has gone way beyond ridiculous from Lenovo.  The least they could have done is setup a written truthful explanation of what is going on with the x1Carbon Touches, vs. all of the untruths that come from sales and support reps.  It is unfair to the customers, to be jerked around.

GLaDOSPulse
Not applicable
Views: 1,153
Message 45 of 116

Re: Looks Like New Shipping Problems Today

@wbcblogger wrote:

Looks like new shipping problems today.  I ordered 2  x1 Carbon Touches with i7.

1 shipped as of 1/23/13 and is in Anchorage from Shanghai at the moment. 

The first order and second order had been going through the widely publicized 1 day at a time moveouts of expected ship date..........until today. 

Then, the first 1 shipped, the 2nd order moved out 1 day at a time again for expected ship date......until today.

Today, the expected ship date jumped "12 days", until 2/7/13.

Inquiry to Lenovo had a rep come up with a new excuse phrase, "shipment buffering".  Offering, when asked, no explanation for what that meant.

The situation has gone way beyond ridiculous from Lenovo.  The least they could have done is setup a written truthful explanation of what is going on with the x1Carbon Touches, vs. all of the untruths that come from sales and support reps.  It is unfair to the customers, to be jerked around.

Sounds like your delivery is getting a tennis match between other countries. That can be a reason.

Not applicable
Views: 1,081
Message 46 of 116

Re: X Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2013)

I ordered the i7/8GB/128GB Touch configuration for $ 1,397.67 USD before taxes on 29DEC2012 - the expected shipping date was 13JAN2013 with an unspecified arrival date.

I've been checking the Order Status page on a daily basis (since the date of order), and so far I've seen the following changes: (all dates in the table are in 2013)

Date

Checked

Will ShipWill Arrive
15JAN17JAN24JAN
16JAN20JAN27JAN
21JAN24JAN31JAN
25JAN27JAN03FEB
28JAN29JAN05FEB

As a child raised in an IBM/Thinkpad family, this particular series of events concerns me.

I can only wish it was as speedy an arrival as my T400 - which was in my hands less than a fortnight after I ordered it.

I do hope that I'm not penalized (as far as returns/warranty and the like are concerned) for having to wait more than a month for my laptop to ship. I'd be absolutely floored if it turned out that I was punished for being patient instead of cancelling my order.

I do wonder, though - would Lenovo delay shipment for a subset of customers in order to keep the rest of new shipments on track? Someone who has waited for a month might abide another week-long delay, I suppose.

I'm disappointed, too, because I decided to forgo discrete graphics for the svelte frame and brand loyalty - and I can't tell if I've been snubbed or not.

I fervently hope that the wait for my X1CT is worth it.

(Marginally related: If I find a better price after the date of order but before it ships, will Lenovo match the price?)

lebouitz
Not applicable
Views: 1,056
Message 47 of 116

My X1CT has been sitting in a customs wharehouse for 5 days now waiting for paper work. It is part of a 270 PC shipment from Lenovo.

jrkear
Not applicable
Views: 1,034
Message 48 of 116

I ordered the i7/8GB/256GB Touch on 26DEC2012 - the expected shipping date was07JAN2013 

Since January 7th I have been checking the website and Lenovo customer service at first they today me it was in the warehouse ready to be shipped.  On January 23rd I talked to rep that told it would be guarantee to ship the next day and sent me an email saying that.  The next day the website change to January 27th I called in and talked with a supervisor he told me the website was wrong and it is shipping today.   FYI that never happened.

I called in the morning January 29th and was told that it will ship within 24 hours and to please be patience.  I just got an email tell me that it will be delayed until February 8th.  When I called in to customer service they told me the email was wrong and it would ship within 24 hours.

What do I believe?

icd
Not applicable
Views: 1,021
Message 49 of 116

FYI, I ordered mine on Jan 8. Received the same email today, saying that it will be delayed again to Feb. 8. It's the second delay email I got from them. I believe it's sent to all the X1CT customers. I personnally tend to believe yours is to ship soon.

@jrkear wrote:

I ordered the i7/8GB/256GB Touch on 26DEC2012 - the expected shipping date was07JAN2013 

Since January 7th I have been checking the website and Lenovo customer service at first they today me it was in the warehouse ready to be shipped.  On January 23rd I talked to rep that told it would be guarantee to ship the next day and sent me an email saying that.  The next day the website change to January 27th I called in and talked with a supervisor he told me the website was wrong and it is shipping today.   FYI that never happened.

I called in the morning January 29th and was told that it will ship within 24 hours and to please be patience.  I just got an email tell me that it will be delayed until February 8th.  When I called in to customer service they told me the email was wrong and it would ship within 24 hours.

What do I believe?

pedm1601
Not applicable
Views: 1,016
Message 50 of 116

ps: English is not my 1st language^^

This mornings a recieved this answer from a representative:

As I see that, the order you've placed has been confirmed and the estimated shipping date is on 29th of January as per the update from supply team.
There is no issue with the order, and you should expect the shipping confirmation any time today without fail.

And now i recieved this email:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase of the Lenovo ThinkPad
X1 Carbon. Unfortunately due to overwhelming demand,
we are experiencing delays in processing shipments for your
X1 Carbon. We are making every effort to fulfill your order,
and it is currently scheduled to ship the week of February 8th.

What do i Believe?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors