cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r2p2mtl
Token Ring
Views: 1,249
Message 91 of 116

Re: X Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2013)

(UPDATED)

x131e (Intel) w/ no modifications

Ordered: 2013/05/22

Shipped via UPS to Canada: 2013/05/24

Est. Delivery: 2013/06/02

Arrived  2013/05/29

All  arrived in good cosmetic condition and good working order.

aramcharan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 951
Message 92 of 116

I can't believe all the issues with shipping and customer service.  I was going to wait until Aug 1 to order an X1C to have it for school at the end of August, but after reading these horror stories, I don't think I want to deal with Lenovo.

The X1C looks like a great system (could use Haswell, though).  Is it worth the risk?

mareluce
HDMI
Views: 900
Message 93 of 116

It is if you set your expectations appropriately  (that Lenovo will lie about shipping date,  that you will need a Plan

A laptop to start school with and the X1C will be a Plan B  IF and WHEN Lenovo decides to send it to you.)

At least that how it was with mine, when they first came out.

I love my X1C (non-touch).  No problems at all.  

aramcharan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 747
Message 94 of 116

Here's the solution to this.  Use Amazon.com with Prime.  You get 2-day shipping and for $5.99 more, overnight!

The secret is to use Lenovo's site to configure your laptop.  That will generate the 'machine code' in the shopping cart. Use that machine code to search Amazon.com to see if it's 'Prime' eligible.  For me, the Touch, i7, 8GB, 240 SDD is "3444CUU" for about $1650; much less than Lenovo.com.

Don't buy the SquareTrade warranty.  Once you have the system, contact Lenovo and buy their 4-Year/Onsite/Next Business Day/Accidental Damage Protection/Keep Your Drive extended warranty.  For me, it was only $271 at the time.

To me, this is the best solution at the best price.  Good luck to you all.

On the downside, it took 4 systems to get one that wasn't defective, but in each case, Amazon was easy to deal with, and had a replacement sent in 2 days, plus UPS picked up the defective one.

System 1 - Loose trackpad and palmrest

System 2 - Enter key stuck down; popped up after 6 - 10 seconds

System 3 - Power button did not work correctly; made an occasional snapping noise

System 4 - Perfect

heliosj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 522
Message 95 of 116

Totally jonsin for my new laptop (X230). The waiting is torture, don't the Chinese know about our instant gratification culture in the US? Or are they just waiting to make sure we don't default? Smiley Wink

Ordered 10/9, original ship date 10/16... pushed to 10/24... estimated delivery on 10/31. "Released to manufacturing" -- not complaining, I just want my new toy.

heliosj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 489
Message 96 of 116

So now my order is in a status of 'Customer Action' -- but I'm never available to call their support line during the day and they close quite early for my schedule.. 

Any idea what this could be about? Would they normally try to contact me? 

heliosj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 475
Message 97 of 116

We apologize, but we are unable to ship one or more items on your order at this time. We anticipate shipment within 30 days of this notification.

Bummer. Smiley Sad Thinking of canceling..
aramcharan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 471
Message 98 of 116

Definitely cancel. Did you read my post just above yours?

heliosj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 461
Message 99 of 116

I did now... Smiley Happy Where do I find the 'machine code'?

Edit: Wow, their customer service is horrid! I'm starting to regret this. When I called, no one would could tell me why the order was delayed or why my status was "customer action". After several phone calls, I finally got to a person who said my credit card was being declined -- we called my bank and they fixed it using an authorization #.. 

Now, she still doesn't know if it will ship or why I got the 30 day notice. It was one clueless person after another. Not overly pleased with how this has been handled. 

Highlighted
aramcharan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 447
Message 100 of 116

On Lenovo's site, after you add it to the cart, the machine code is the part number that is generated. Use the part number to search.

Maybe, I was just lucky that my specs were also available on Amazon.com. Amazon.com is listed as an authorized distributor on Lenovo's web site, therefore, you can go back to purchase Lenovo's extended warranty if you want to.

If you buy it as Prime, Amazon stands behind the purchase and ships it within 2 days (1 for $5.99 extra). If it's not Prime, then Amazon may not stand by the purchase process (shipping, returns, etc.) I believe it is still an authorized Lenovo purchase, though.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors