cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dknight211
Paper Tape
Views: 522
Message 111 of 116

Re: X Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2013)

My order for the x230, which was placed back in 11/21, has been stuck as "Released to Manufacturing" for many days now.  It appears that "Released to Manufacturing" is the step before "In Production", so it appears that my order isn't even being built yet.  Now that the x230 is unavailable to be ordered, I wonder if Lenovo will end up canceling all of our x230 orders.  If so, that would have been nice to know EARLIER rather than weeks later.  I could have planned to buy a prebuilt x230 from another vendor.  Now I am stuck in limbo whether to wait this order out or cancel it (though from reading other posts, it seems canceling may not mean your order is canceled, and you may still get the laptop and charged for it later on).

dknight211
Paper Tape
Views: 494
Message 112 of 116

To add more to the mystery ... the x230 is now back for sale on the US Lenovo website.

But interestingly it now says "Assembled in the USA" ... and the only model available for sale is a prebuilt model with no customization, available to ship on 12/13.

GS1
Punch Card
Views: 452
Message 113 of 116

I've been trying to call  and email to get an update on the status of my x230 order -- never could get through by phone and never got a reply to my email.  However, in checking the online status portal just now the delivery date was moved up to next week.

Disappointed999
Paper Tape
Views: 445
Message 114 of 116

Ordered my x1 carbon Dec 4th.
Lenovo is telling to me expect delivery FEB 28!!!!!!! Original delivery was scheduled forJAN 7th

Don't offer the service if your going to have excessive delays. BTW they also charged my credit card the 2K for the order. The CS rep tells me there's nothing's I can do, but cancel my order or chose a different laptop.

Is this typical?

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in. Was; X1 carbon 3 Month Timeline from manufacturing to delivery?

dknight211
Paper Tape
Views: 372
Message 115 of 116

I just received this email for my order:

"Thank you for your recent Lenovo purchase. Unfortunately the i5-3380 processor that you ordered in the configuration of your ThinkPad has been withdrawn from market. Therefore, we will not be able to fulfill your current order. We could build your machine with an i5-3320 processor or you may choose to cancel your order. If we do not receive a response within 48 business hours of this email, we will cancel your order."

They waited a whole month to tell me this?  At this point, I give up.

I don't want to resubmit my order, possibly to be placed back at the end of the queue, wait another month, only to have my order canceled.

GS1
Punch Card
Views: 356
Message 116 of 116

I just got an email saying that mine has shipped! Mine is the 3230 I5.  I doubt you'd end up at the end of the queue if you reorder, and when I looked at the alternatives (Sony, Asus, Dell, and Samsung) the x230 came out way ahead.  Good luck.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors