cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedm1601
Paper Tape
Views: 1,294
Message 51 of 116

Re: X Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2013)

Another representative just answred me that if i recieved this email, the new date is FEB 8th.   

Another push back..   4th time...

Thanks Lenovo, for your perfect timing.

jrkear
Paper Tape
Views: 1,219
Message 52 of 116

Post from another string .... Looks like it might be awhile! 

Even though they are telling everyone that demand issues .. it looks like a software issue that they have stopped shipping all X1CT.

As you can from the few strings I cut from another discusion group Lenovo is not tell us the truth ....

NINE
Lenovo Staff
NINE

Re: X1 Carbon Touch - touchscreen problems

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience . At this point in time teams are finalising the testing and analysing the final run through. As you may know some have been provided a patch to fix the issue. The final resolution should be released within this week or 2, depending on the situation that may arise.

In the mean time please do bare with me and I'll post more updates soon.

Regards.

This was just sent out internally at my company (and we have over 100K PC users):

Hi All,

There is a high failure rate of the Touch Screen on the Lenovo X1 Carbon Touch and we have sent several problem devices to Lenovo for analysis.  We have also informed Lenovo to stop shipment until they have identified the root cause and provide a plan for replacement.

So for those users who are planning to order X1 Carbon Touch, we would advise you to wait until further notice.

Since Lenovo seems determined not to put any official notification on this forum, here's an email from our Lenovo account manager (I've removed all identifying information so as not to get anyone in trouble):

I just wanted to provide a brief update on this situation. We have been notified of an increased number of X1 Carbon Touch devices which show issues with the panel’s touch functionality.

As already stated, we are in the process of having the root cause identified by our engineering teams in our labs here in the US as well as in Japan.

Once the root cause is identified, we will be able to determine the best way to fix the failing units.

The stop ship has been put in place to avoid further deliveries of faulty devices which would yield additional disruptions on your end.

At Lenovo we pride ourselves on our product quality so we take this obviously very seriously and treat the resolution with highest priority.

Needless to say that we will ensure that every user is left with a fully functional unit and the best Win 8 experience.

lebouitz
Punch Card
Views: 1,177
Message 53 of 116

My X1CT finally arrived after 5 days of time in a customs warehouse. It appears to be in perfect condition and worth the wait (from 12/13). I am going to hook it up to the USB 3.0 port replicator today and will rreport back with any problems.

kumabear
Punch Card
Views: 1,152
Message 54 of 116

X1CT finally arrived. Ordered on 28/12. Touch screen works ok ,no problems so far

tsfroggy
Punch Card
Views: 1,117
Message 55 of 116

Does anyone else who ordered the X1C Touch have a part number on the order screen that is 3443CTO?  I'm concerned that I will be getting a regular X1 Carbon and not a Touch model.  My screen does specify that it is a MT screen, but I'm not very confident after doing some Google searches. Smiley Happy

Cris993
Punch Card
Views: 1,111
Message 56 of 116

I have that exact part number and mine is NOT a touch.

icd
Punch Card
Views: 1,066
Message 57 of 116

Mine is X1CT, and the Part number shown is 3443CTO too. It's still in production.

@tsfroggy wrote:

Does anyone else who ordered the X1C Touch have a part number on the order screen that is 3443CTO?  I'm concerned that I will be getting a regular X1 Carbon and not a Touch model.  My screen does specify that it is a MT screen, but I'm not very confident after doing some Google searches. Smiley Happy

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,064
Message 58 of 116

FYI... CTO = Configured To Order.

Hope this helps clarify.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

midnightbiller
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,007
Message 59 of 116

My X1CT arrived yesterday and all is well with the touch screen. Long wait, but hey they got it right...love the keyboard!

FateMaster
Punch Card
Views: 981
Message 60 of 116

My customised X230 - Ordered last friday, shipped this Thursday - Great service and very nice and helpful agents from Digital River. I am glad that I did not encounter any trouble Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors