cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TravellinMike
Punch Card
Views: 1,721
Message 11 of 116

Re: X Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2013)

December 12, 2012

Ordered a X1 Carbon Touch -i7, 8GB RAM, 256 SSD

Estimated Ship Dates: Dec 23, Dec 27, Dec 30, Jan 3.

Lost visibility into the Order Status Portal on Dec 30. Called Customer Service and a response was to check back after 24-48 hours. After doing this for a Week, I received an email sying that the order was now scheduled to ship during the week of Jan 4.

Just regained visibility into the Ordering Status Portal, which now states a Est Ship Date of Jan 11.

lebouitz
Punch Card
Views: 1,716
Message 12 of 116

My estimated shipping date is now 7 days earlier then previously. It will be a little over 1 month since I ordered the cx1t.

TravellinMike
Punch Card
Views: 1,693
Message 13 of 116

So I just checked this morning and the estimated ship date is now Jan 16, which means it will probably be close to 6 weeks, form order date until this item ships. This is rather excessive, especially since the initial projected ship time was given as 1 week.

By the way, it is curious, that is I were to order one today, the estimated ship date is a week behind my "projected" ship date. If the reasoning is because there is such a high demans, it is very hard to believe that is only a week's worth of back log, given that my order is roughly 5 weeks old.

ceb
WWAN
Views: 1,658
Message 14 of 116

@TravellinMike wrote:

So I just checked this morning and the estimated ship date is now Jan 16, which means it will probably be close to 6 weeks, form order date until this item ships. This is rather excessive, especially since the initial projected ship time was given as 1 week.

By the way, it is curious, that is I were to order one today, the estimated ship date is a week behind my "projected" ship date. If the reasoning is because there is such a high demans, it is very hard to believe that is only a week's worth of back log, given that my order is roughly 5 weeks old.

It appears that the initial projected ship dates are made up - perhaps to entice the customer to order?

Mere conjecture on my part but I know of nobody who got their computers even close to the expected ship date in the past several months.

kumabear
Punch Card
Views: 1,617
Message 15 of 116

Ordered X1CT on 28th Dec,

Initial Shipping date was 28th Jan,

then it was moved to        27th Jan. (Displayed on 8/1/13)

and now(11/1/13) it no longer appears so I called up CS. They said they are short on a few parts for the model and cannot confirm a shipping date for me .

schnieds
Paper Tape
Views: 1,612
Message 16 of 116

Ordered: 12/11/2012

Shipping date has changed 8 times.

Supposed to ship 1/11/2013 now, but I don't believe it anymore.

No one has any answers for me as to what the delay has been or when it will ship.

CASwinson
Paper Tape
Views: 1,585
Message 17 of 116

If you ordered a touch version, they have suspended shipping it seems due to a documented problem with the touch screen failing after six or so seconds or not working at all.
 Consider yourself lucky you haven't gotten yours yet we just got the first 3 of 48 and all are going back we are canceling the order for the other 45.

See info here:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Touch-touchscreen-problems/td-p/9675...

Email Excerpt
"I just wanted to provide a brief update on this situation. We have been notified of an increased number of X1 Carbon Touch devices which show issues with the panel’s touch functionality.

As already stated, we are in the process of having the root cause identified by our engineering teams in our labs here in the US as well as in Japan.

Once the root cause is identified, we will be able to determine the best way to fix the failing units.

The stop ship has been put in place to avoid further deliveries of faulty devices which would yield additional disruptions on your end.

At Lenovo we pride ourselves on our product quality so we take this obviously very seriously and treat the resolution with highest priority.

Needless to say that we will ensure that every user is left with a fully functional unit and the best Win 8 experience."

CASwinson
Paper Tape
Views: 1,584
Message 18 of 116

For the record we ordered ours on Jan 3 and received them Jan 10.

lebouitz
Punch Card
Views: 1,461
Message 19 of 116

A few days ago order status indicated a ship date of 1/11. The date shifted to 1/12. I haven't received any shipping notification and the order status Website has been down for some time. Hopefully, Lenovo has resolved their touch screen issues and can start shipping.
lebouitz
Punch Card
Views: 1,317
Message 20 of 116

The shipping date keeps shifting later and later- currently 1/17 but I am not hopeful after all the many changes from the original 12/29 date.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors