Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mic90
Paper Tape
Views: 3,460
Message 1 of 18

X1 (2017) Release Dates?

Hey there!

I'm getting really impatient and Lenovo Germany couldn't answer me: When is the new Thinkpad X-Series being released? Some googleing made me think it's February 2017, but by now i doubt that, February is almost over.

I know this isn't a tech question by all means but I'm new to Lenovo and i would like to get some information about it.

Please, i'm in desperate need of a new Laptop and if the new Yoga X1 wouldn't releas in time i would just go and buy the old one.

Thank you in advance!

M

Mic90
Paper Tape
Views: 3,447
Message 2 of 18

Re: X1 (2017) Release Dates?

Oh, sorry for bothering but i got one additional question:

Does anyone know if new products immediately become part of the Lenovo Campus deals?

Guru
Views: 3,413
Message 3 of 18

Press release from CES says February, so I think its coming soon. And they're usually discounted with student discount when they come on sale. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Mic90
Paper Tape
Views: 3,408
Message 4 of 18

Thank you. I got that press release but i thought by now there should be more detailled information, like "it's coming on February 26th" or so.

But the Lenovo Campus info is gold - Thanks a lot. I'm hyped.

Guru
Views: 3,405
Message 5 of 18

Yep, it's a beast of a machine. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Mic90
Paper Tape
Views: 3,401
Message 6 of 18

Why is this issue being marked as solved? I didn't do that.

There must be some more info out there regarding the release. Like experiences in the past or so.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,363
Message 7 of 18

There may not be any more recent information.  When a new model is being introduced, it generally has new components that may well be in short supply initially.  The machine I reviewed was what I would call "pre-production, final hardware".  It was not a prototype or engineering sample that might be in an evolutionary process, but was the hardware that would be sold to customers as soon as all the needed parts were available and assembled in sufficient quantities.  There are many suppliers of parts on any new machine, and a computer manufacturer, like Lenovo, cannot control all their delivery schedules.  For example, a machine might use a screen from LG, and LG may give an expected availability date of January 1st.  That date may be based on whatever date LG was given by whoever makes the digitizers or the LCD matrix, and those dates would be based on promised dates from their suppliers.  At every point in the process, suppliers have small quantities (samples) before they have enough to fill all the orders.  Delays anywhere in the chain are passed along.  All I know for sure is that when I wrote the review, they had enough of that model to send me one.

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
itguy2000
Paper Tape
Views: 3,304
Message 8 of 18

Mine just shipped. Awaiting delivery.

chickenwings
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,271
Message 9 of 18

How did you place an order? All it shows is "Notify Me When Available."

Mic90
Paper Tape
Views: 3,234
Message 10 of 18

Ok, so it seems it is available in the US but not in Canada and Europe yet.

What is bothering me is that the X1 Carbon has been released yesterday in Germany and you can order it but the X1 Yoga isn't. Can anyone figure out why? I would think they share a broad range of parts, so it can't be deliver problems.

Also: The 2017 X1 Carbon isn't  on Lenovo Campus. Anyone got any experiences with new releases at Lenovo Campus?

Top Kudoed Authors