Message 41 of 47

Re: X1 5th gen thinkpad trackpoint

Elekrep
Paper Tape
Views: 173
Message 42 of 47

Partial solution

Upgrading from X220 to X1 5th Gen was a huge dissappointment with the max trackpoint speed, even with all the settings listed in this thread maximised + attempted registry editing etc.. My finger is basically busted even with the highest possible speed. And ofcourse to non-power users this speed is much too fast, but not for me.

My best work-arounds are:

1. Buy new trackpoint nubs from Amazon -> better friction

2. Remove the trackpoint nub, insert a tiny amount of rolled-up paper in the hole so that you get a slight raise of the nub. This gives more leverage and thus faster.

3. Work with smaller resolution (I use this only in an emergency when the finger gets sore)

meeotch
Fanfold Paper
Views: 166
Message 43 of 47

As mentioned elsewhere on the forum.  You might try one of these:  https://www.etsy.com/search?q=softrim

(If you do, please report back with your results.)

ThinkpadFan82
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 136
Message 44 of 47

I can verify that I  bought all of the ones for sale and none of them worked properly with the T25 Thinkpad Anniversary Edition

How hard is it for Lenovo to put back the sensitivity option???

KeithOT
What's DOS?
Views: 70
Message 45 of 47

I own an X1 1st Gen and X1 5th Gen. Always frustrating to use the good 1st and then have to smash the 5th around. The paper trick does actually make a difference. Doesn't totally fix it, but helps more than I thought it would.

Pics below to compare. Should be obvious, but 1st get on the left, 5th on the right. (and yeah, I need to clean my palm rest)

Also - who else HATES when some smarmy reviewer is like "I don't know anyone in the whole universe who has ever used a trackpoint" ... shuttup noob.

20190729_203532.jpg20190729_203551.jpg

KeithOT
What's DOS?
Views: 69
Message 46 of 47

After I posted I realized I didn't make the point that the pics show: Not only is leverage hurt (hence paper trick helping) but we're talking about a whole physically different bit of hardware. This likely ISN'T a software issue (or not a software only issue.) Lenovo went to a different part and the new one sucks.
Highlighted
saoto28
Blue Screen Again
Views: 25
Message 47 of 47

I want to say that the short trackpoint cap(the super low profile) is not so bad, if the cap is the soft rim type.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors