Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmwx1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,187
Message 1 of 19

X1 6th Gen Screen Brightness Very Low on Resume from Hibernate/Sleep

I have a 6th Gen Carbon X1.

Sometimes when I resume from hibernation (and maybe sleep mode), the screen brightness is very low, much lower than it was set to when I shutdown the laptop. I guess this is a Lenovo driver / BIOS issue? Anyone else report this problem?

I have to reset the screen level brightness. It should remember the last setting or go back to the default, not this ultra low brightness.

I have a Balanced power setting with a brightness setting much higher than what I get after power back on. So its not the power plan settings.

I am running the latest Windows 10.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,131
Message 2 of 19

Re: X1 6th Gen Screen Brightness Very Low on Resume from Hibernate/Sleep

Hi Bmwx1,

Greetings from Lenovo.

As you have mentioned about the brightness issue, suggest you to go to power options and increase the brightness and check for the issue, also try updating the display driver and power manager.

Ashwin_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

bmwx1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,119
Message 3 of 19

Hi.

If you had read my posting properly, I stated that the brightness on resume from hibernation/sleep is much lower than that set in the Power Options plans, so your response is of no use.

This PC is running the latest firmware and software drivers from Intel & Lenovo.

Power management is a function of the Lenovo driver, so I see it as a fault in the Lenovo software.

Twang1337
Serial Port
Views: 4,113
Message 4 of 19

You may have turned on "Dynamic Brightness control"

in Lenovo Vantage\Hardware settings\Audio\visual

bmwx1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,098
Message 5 of 19

Hi,

thanks for that suggestion. Lenovo sets it ON by Default. I'd forgotten that Lenovo hides these extra settings in the Lenovo Vantage app. I have now turned it off to see if it stops the issue happening.

Anniemmmm
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,036
Message 6 of 19

I am in the process of upgrading from an X1 Carbon 5th gen to a 6th gen because of the fan issues and MS applications freezing (and just stumbled over a thread indicating the fan problems still exist on the 6th gen....EGADS!). But I just starting having a problem with screen brightness. Was working upstairs, closed the 6th gen laptop and brought it downstairs and now it's dim...and at the top of the brightness setting! I don't think I'm running Vantage--this is a new "hot swap" system (sent through my company). I looked up Vantage in the search tool and it invites me to download the app....so I don't think its on here. If that is not what is causing the persistent dim state, what else could be causing it please. (I can barely read this as I'm typing)...

guitaradam2000
What's DOS?
Views: 3,379
Message 7 of 19

Just got my brand new X1 carbon 6th gen, also having this problem. 

The screen is very dark after resume from sleep. The brightness settings still work, but even on maximum bright, the level is much darker than it should be. Reboot seems to sort it out, but very annoying. What was the solution for this? Everything is up to date

bmwx1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,358
Message 8 of 19

Turn off "Dynamic Brightness control" in Lenovo Vantage\Hardware settings\Audio\visual. It's on by default. My problem disappeared once I switched it off.

guitaradam2000
What's DOS?
Views: 3,257
Message 9 of 19

I don't seem to have that option in Lenovo Vantage. I only have the following under Audio/Visual:

Eye Care Mode

Camera

Camera Privacy Mode

Dolby Settings

Microphone Settings

I'm using version 4.26.43.0 which seems quite new (taken from Windows Programs and Features)

BrianST
Serial Port
Views: 2,982
Message 10 of 19

I'm having the same problem as of late. I recall seeing the setting in Lenovo Vantage before but it has dissapeared. The issue started happeing about a month ago, I keep my system up to date with the latest drivers through vantage & windows update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors