Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmwx1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 661
Message 11 of 19

Re: X1 6th Gen Screen Brightness Very Low on Resume from Hibernate/Sleep

Yes, disappeared from my system too, but it was there before & I had to turn it off. Search the web and you see that it used to be in the Windows Advanced Power Settings too, but looks like it disappeared. It also appears in some versions of the Intel HD Graphics software under "Power". So best to check these other places too.

Just because the setting has disappeared, doesn't mean adaptive brightness is not happening!

Maybe Lenovo removed it because of too many complaints - a case of good idea but not well implemented and too many customer problems.

BrianST
Serial Port
Views: 658
Message 12 of 19

Unfortunately it cannot be found under the windows power settings nor the intel display settings. I think that the setting is still on from the previous version of Vantage and the option to turn it off has dissapeared with all the updates.

By the way, this does not regard adaptive brightness but the option: smart-brightness/dimming which is a software solution. The X1 does not have a brightness sensor.
AMGew
Paper Tape
Views: 363
Message 13 of 19

Hey guys, 

I'm still having the issue and see no option like discussed above in the Vantage settings. Anyone else find a solution that works besides restarting the computer? It's very annoying. 

BrianST
Serial Port
Views: 360
Message 14 of 19

Unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet. All drivers are up-to-date

guitaradam2000
What's DOS?
Views: 345
Message 15 of 19

There should be a small pin-hole on the back of your laptop. Press it in for 10 seconds while the laptop is turned off. I've been having issues with HDMI output (or any dual monitor configuration) not working. I did this reset thing to fix it, and noticed it also seemed to fix my display brightness issue as well.

Doesn't last forever though. I've already had to do this twice.

BrianST
Serial Port
Views: 263
Message 16 of 19

I think I found the solution. Please ensure the laptop is on battery power. Go to the "intel graphics control panel" and into "energy settings". Disable the "energy saving settings for monitor" and apply. I haven't tested this thouroughly but it seems to do the trick. I don't know for sure how battery life is affected.

It might be possible to enable the energy saving settings  but at a lower setting. I haven't tested this yet.

BrianST
Serial Port
Views: 228
Message 17 of 19

Spoke too soon, the problem returned although the energy saving settings are still turned off in the IGP control panel Smiley Sad

Help lenovo?
DrV3
What's DOS?
Views: 67
Message 18 of 19

Yes please, Lenovo!!!  This is affecting multiple computers at our office

nickjp5
What's DOS?
Views: 28
Message 19 of 19

Same issue happening for me.  Just to clarify, when this happens, after resume from sleep - setting to the maximum in the software doesn't make the screen fully bright.  A restart returns it to normal.

I have all current drivers, firmware installed.   And there is no 'Dynamic Brightness' option in the Lenovo Vantage App that I have.   

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors