cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alternize
Not applicable
Views: 137
Message 1 of 2

X1 6th Gen stays awake when disconnecting from USB-C Thunderbolt3 Dock even with closed lid

my new X1 Carbon 6th gen comes with Connected Standby aka Modern Sleep. unfortunately, it does not work properly when used together with the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dockingstation.

1. X1 connected to dock via TB3 cable, 2 external monitors, lid closed

2. disconnecting the TB3 cable

expected: notebook goes to sleep

actual: notebook stays awake despite closed lid

1. X1 connected to dock via TB3 cable, 2 external monitors, lid closed

2. start > power > sleep

3. disconnect TB3 cable

expected: notebook stays in sleep

actual: notebook wakes up as soon as cable is removed, despite lid being closed

there seems to be no way to go directly to sleep without having to first open the lid and then close it again, which is very annyoing. anyone has a workaround for this? other brands (hp, dell,apple) manage to do this just fine...

I know how to disable Connected Standby through registry and bios settings to get the "old" sleep mode back, what I'm looking for is a way to work with Connected Standby enabled.

alternize
Not applicable
Views: 86
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 6th Gen stays awake when disconnecting from USB-C Thunderbolt3 Dock even with closed lid

annoyingly, when the lid is open and the dock connected with external monitors, closing the lid will put the notebook into sleep despite being docked... it looks like lenovos "implementation" of the new sleep state is too broken for real world business use for now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors