Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aa2xa
Paper Tape
Views: 1,352
Message 41 of 60

Re: X1 6th Gen touchpad problem

My touchpad is still not working properly. It is extremly annoing and no help from Lenovo. My computer costs me more than 4k $ and in my opinion such service level for high end product is absolutely non acceptable!

So i started dealing with technical support. It works like that: You have to try it for 3 times... if it still dont work - they can give You money back.

1) First visit they removed my touchpad and install brand new one. It of course didnt help.

2) Second visit - they removed touchpad once again - of course without effect but also adviced to reinstall Windows from Leonovo recovery.

For me it is quite big cost because my laptop works in domain and fully reinstall of system and configuring it takes much time.

3) I will call the 3rd time if reinstall wont help. According to posts in this topic reinstalling also will be useless.

And then i hope they give me my money back and I will never choose that chinesee crap again.

I also have problems with laptop case. Paint goes down in many places and each visit they also remove my case. Also not acceptable in top level business tool.

FAngelov
Paper Tape
Views: 1,291
Message 42 of 60

After 2 months of working without an issue my touchpad is having glitches again. Namely, i was having a touchpad that was clicking and moving on its own, wokring for some time and then stoping, etc. It was fixed by lenovo service by just repluging the touchpad. 

The issue reapired two days ago and it happened because i placed the laptop over the edge of the desk and worked on it (typing and holding my hands over the laptop). I suspect that the weight applied creates a mass inside the laptop, directly on the plug of the touchpad into the motherboard. This is probably due to 1) bad plug on the touchpad, 2) bad input for the touchpad, 3) not sturdy enough case to hold the weight when the laptop is not put on table properly and weight is exerted on it.

Anyways, i am taking it again to the service guys, but if somedody at Lenovo is reading this you might find this helpful.

100Million
What's DOS?
Views: 1,288
Message 43 of 60

I'm not 100% understanding of why it does it but I have a theory so far and I wanted people in this thread to test my theory. Does your touchpad work when the battery is 100%? And does it glitch really bad when your battery gets really low?

Let me know what your findings are?

Schorsch28
Paper Tape
Views: 1,249
Message 44 of 60

Thanks for your feedback - I will have a look on your theory.
dkalinic
Paper Tape
Views: 1,122
Message 45 of 60

Did anyone resolve this issue or we are all hesitating to open notebook because of this nuisance? Smiley Happy

NicoloD
Paper Tape
Views: 1,109
Message 46 of 60

Lenovo service replaced my touchpad and since then I had no problem. From my experience Lenovo assistance is awesome (at least for this kind of products) so get in touch with them and ask for a replace.

dkalinic
Paper Tape
Views: 1,088
Message 47 of 60

Hello NicoloD, when did you replace it?

NicoloD
Paper Tape
Views: 1,077
Message 48 of 60

It's about 3 months now. No problem since then...
Przemek1
What's DOS?
Views: 732
Message 49 of 60

They removed my touchpad 2 times already!

First time it worked properly 4 days. Second - same they problem back.

Now i received my laptop from service after 3 weeks.... they replaced motherboard.

After 2 days still working good. So there is a hope.

len-ohhhh
Paper Tape
Views: 634
Message 50 of 60

Hi Guys,

I was able to solve all my software/hardware issues by searching the internet - till this issue. I have the same issue as all other reported: touchpad and trackpoint sometimes work fine, sometimes not working at all (jumping, clicking though no click was done, delays,...). Tried several drivers, disabling devies,..spent hours. Email to support lead to a replacement of the touchpad: the send the spare part, and 3 days before the technician came to replace it, everything was fine again: 3 days without issues.

Then I thought it was due to installing Visual C++ 2017 because after installation the issue started (within the 4 weeks before visual c++ installation everything was fine). Deinstalling  seemed to help after two restarts (not immedeiatly after deinstalling), devices worked fine for 5 working hours, then the problems came back. Rebooting makes things better first (better, not perfect), then succesively its going worse again, up to no reaction of the devices.

One time when everything was very **bleep**ty again, I booted live linux from a USB stick to see whether its hardware or software. The touchpad worked really strange under linux as well - this surprised me a lot: as many other I also thought its something softeware/driver-related as hardware exchange did not help and sometimes it is working and sometimes not.

I am rellay disappointed wasting so much time and nerves for a premium product which I just bought due to good experiences with thinkpads - maybe I have to change my opinion...

Strange: the topic is marked as "solved" - this seems to me sarcastic

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors