Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicoloD
Paper Tape
Views: 943
Message 1 of 18

X1 6th Gen touchpad problem

Hi, with my X1 6th Gen (20KH) (since the first day) I have a problem with the touchpad: basically every time I turn on my laptop the touchpad works "bad", I mean:

1- the pointer move slightly, I have to cross the touchpad 3 times to move from one side of the display to the other

2- the tap to click does not works at all

If I reboot the laptop the touchpad restarts working as expected: rapid movements and tap to click. 

So every time I've to turn on -> reboot the laptop to have the touchpad working as expected. 

Of course is a software problem but I've alredy tried to reinstall the driver and nothing changed. 

Am I the only one? Thank you

Horgh
Punch Card
Views: 866
Message 2 of 18

Re: X1 6th Gen touchpad problem

I was having different touchpad issues, namely it randomly jumping to the upper right and lower right conrers of the screen and clicking on its own, which was resulting in windows being minizmied, etc. I ended up going into Device Manager and removing all of the mouse-related devices (uniinstalling them). I rebooted twice, which re-installed them, and things seem better now (we'll see if it stays fixed long term). So, maybe try uninstalling all the mouse devices and let Windows re-install them for you?

NicoloD
Paper Tape
Views: 825
Message 3 of 18

Hi Horgs, I've already tried that and nothing happened. I'm stille here with this problem, I turned on the pc, and after I reply to your message I have to reboot the pc because the touchpad is driving me crazy...

Just to know, are there some Lenovo guys who read this forum?

UPDATE: after about 5 minutes the touchpad starts working well even without a reboot. 

Rub_Link
What's DOS?
Views: 734
Message 4 of 18

I have the same issue. Every time when I switch on my Laptop at the next day the touchpad is really working badly. Restart the PC and it works.  But at the next day it starts with the same issue!I also uninstalled the driver and installed the latest driver from June but the problem is still there. It is really anoying! Please Lenovo for this High End Laptop that is no way how it can be! 

NicoloD
Paper Tape
Views: 730
Message 5 of 18

Hi Rub_Link and welcome to the club Smiley Frustrated

I'm still here with the problem; fortunately I use my laptop most of the time with a mouse so I can live with that but in the evening, at home without docking station and mouse, often I've to reboot it...

Is there a way to make Lenovo known about that? I feel like they don't even read this forum...

SmoothX1
What's DOS?
Views: 705
Message 6 of 18

Same issue!

It was very bad using windows 1607.

So I had no choice but to upgrade thinking it was the OS, so I went with the latest Win 1803. Issue is less severe but it is still there. The only temp fix I found was to install Synaptics Driver for X1 3rd gen. However multifinger features don't work properly.

aa2xa
Paper Tape
Views: 569
Message 7 of 18

Same issue!

Have You found any solutions?

I want to try that solution with Synaptics for Carbon X3... but anyway it shouldnt work like that.

aa2xa
Paper Tape
Views: 502
Message 8 of 18

It seems that Carbon 5 have similar issue! https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-X1-Carbon-2017-Gen5-Touchpad-Issue/t...

unfortunately solutions for X5 dont work in my case - this update dont want to install.

NicoloD
Paper Tape
Views: 493
Message 9 of 18

I temporaly (till lenovo comes up with a solution) disabled windows 10 fast startup. This leads to a slower (30 seconds +/-) start up but at least in this way I'm not having touch issues who force me to reboot and waste time anyway.

aa2xa
Paper Tape
Views: 483
Message 10 of 18

Good idea... ill try that! anyway i think they shoul fix it immediately... it is flagship product...

Top Kudoed Authors