Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SmoothX2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,377
Message 11 of 56

Re: X1 6th Gen touchpad problem

I tried to get them to acknowledge the issue. Both the touchpad and audio problems, all I would get from their dumb support is send the device in for a repair... When i said this is specifically a drivers issue, they sent me to software department which was a PAID service, the guy wouldn't start checking without a credit card. So good bye 6th gen. my 3rd gen is PERFECT
ahong
Paper Tape
Views: 1,337
Message 12 of 56

I am also experiencing this issue, I have called Lenovo too, and they did not help. They directed me to a paid service to troubleshoot the issue. I experience mouse lag and keyboard input lag from time to time. I have reinstalled the drivers and rebooted. These did not resolve the issue. 

SmoothX2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,329
Message 13 of 56

I was refering to precision mostly but as far as lag I am used to it.

It's well known historically that X1 Carbon has the highest keyboard lag. It's 150ms for X1 Carbon 4th gen Win, test of the latency between a keypress and the display of a character in a terminal. Here's a paper on it https://danluu.com/input-lag/

For reference, it's less than 15ms for google dns to respond to you (8.8.8.8), to send a packet 360° around the world its ~190ms. So compare that to 150 miliseconds.

TomDB
What's DOS?
Views: 1,294
Message 14 of 56

Right now I'm pretty underwhelmed with my 2k+ laptop. The audio issues are one thing, but the trackpad is just... bad. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it hardly reacts to input. I sincerely hope this is a driver issue that will get fixed...

dbygnes
Paper Tape
Views: 1,245
Message 15 of 56

Hi

Same problem with my Lenovo X1 Carbin 6th gen. Everytime I resume from sleep mode the touchpad is not as responsive as it should be. Restarting the PC fixes the issue. 

aa2xa
Paper Tape
Views: 1,241
Message 16 of 56

Lenovo... is anybody working on that problem?!
Horgh
Punch Card
Views: 1,227
Message 17 of 56

This is not going to help this thread, but I wanted to follow up on what I thought was a touchpad problem from my earlier post. In my case, it's definitely not the touchpad, it's the touchscreen. Ever since I disabled the Windows touchscreen driver (and prevent it from being re-installed), I've had 0 issues of phantom clicks, windows being minimized, etc. I verified this by disabling the Linux driver, which fixed the same problem under that OS. So my touch screen is faulty. I haven't used it in a few months, which means I should have bought the standard X1 and not the Yoga. Actually, with all the issues this laptop has, I shouldn't have bought a Lenovo. Of course Lenovo doesn't care, because they have my money.

cfp1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,149
Message 18 of 56

For me the issue occurs when the PC (X1 6th Gen) comes back from hybernation. If I then send it to sleep and wake it again the touchpd works as expected but before, the single click tap does not work. I have tried all sorts of driver reinstalls, disabled fast start-up (as recommended by 1 user), but to no avail.

MaiMailnv
Paper Tape
Views: 1,060
Message 19 of 56

Do you have your system configuration?  Does the issue fix after 5 minute using? 

I also use X1 Carbon Gen 6 but never not see in my system. Is there any yellow bang on the components (not only touch pad but also other components) in device manager?

Besides that, I you don't really need hybernate and can accept sleep insteads it, change to "sleep" state may let it better. 

citydweller
What's DOS?
Views: 1,053
Message 20 of 56

Same issue

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors