Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfp1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,612
Message 21 of 70

Re: X1 6th Gen touchpad problem

@ MailMailnv

I use Win 10 pro and do not have any yellow exclamation marks on any item in my device manager. Under "Human Interface devices" I have:

- HID-compatible Touchpad

- HID-conform device

- Microsoft Input Configutration Device

- Synaptics HID-Compliant Touchpad Device (Driver: Synaptics 19.3.4.212 from 27/06/2018)

Under "Mice and other pointing devices" I have:

- HID-compatible mouse

- Synaptics pointing device (driver as above)

It seems that a driver is not always loaded properly and a sleep seems to force a reload. However, sometimes it also happens after a sleep, and it does not happen after every hybernate, so it's really a bit unpredictable. It's just annoying when it happens.

dkalinic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,548
Message 22 of 70

I have the same problem. I got my notebook in April and it worked fine until it was updated with some of updates. At that time I did not have time to investigate it, so unfortunately I cannot tell to which versions we should roll back.
xvasek
Paper Tape
Views: 1,438
Message 23 of 70

Hi guys, I had the same problem. Now I think there is a fix available.

Go to device manager, open mouses and other pointing devices and double click "Synaptics Pointing device". Open "Drivers" tab and click "Update driver". Then click "Automatically find a driver" to let Windows find a new driver online. In my case, the original version of the driver was "19.3.4.212" and was updated to "19.3.4.216" with a date 2018-08-19.

(I have Windows in Czech language, so options from upper paragraph may be slightly different, I had to translate it to English.)

I'm on this updated version for two days with several hibernation / wake-up cycles and it seems to be much better.

The irresponsibility is caused by the fact, that when it is "broken", then touchapd starts accepting gestures after maybe half seconds after your fingers actually touch surface. This is why you have to move much further to go through screen, first half of the second does not have any effect on cursor. Also this is why touch doesn't trigger mouse click. After update of driver there is still some feeling that touchapd starts responding later after initial touch, but a) the response delay is much shorter (100ms maybe?) and b) it seems to disappear at all after few minuts after resume and then touchpad starts to react immediately after touch.

I guess it may have something to do with power management, maybe touchpad simply doesn't wake up, or maybe it is waking up every time you touch it and it takes half second to initialize. Hell knows. User is unable to define power management options for devices in Windows 10, so we can't test it.

For Lenovo: It is a software / driver problem for sure and you have to do something with it.

aa2xa
Paper Tape
Views: 1,393
Message 24 of 70

I just tried Your solution - it wont help in my case :<

Still similar effect.

But I have 100% working solution.

I called Lenovo service ( I have on site guarantee) and they remove old touchpad and istall new one. It took 30 min and after 15 restarts and hibernations everything still works perfect!

EDIT after several hours: 

I rebooted system and... touchpad issue come back again :<<<<<

Lenovo - do something!!!!

cfp1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,384
Message 25 of 70

@xvasek: This solved it for me. Thanks for sharing the info.

xvasek
Paper Tape
Views: 1,317
Message 26 of 70

Sorry to say, but problem is back after few days, so latest driver does not solve it. :-(

aa2xa
Paper Tape
Views: 1,312
Message 27 of 70

In my case was similiar. But after 5-6 restarts problem showed again.

And one more thing - Lenovo removed my touchpad and installed brad new one.
It works properly one day!
But next day after switching hardware - problem showed again.

LENOVO COME ON DO SOMETHING!
dkalinic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,180
Message 28 of 70

After last Touchpad firmware update and BIOS firmware update I dont have any issues with Touchpad. It works now for over 4 days. You can find all updates on Lenovo Vantage/System update.

Best regards,

dkalinic

Capturelv.JPG

xvasek
Paper Tape
Views: 1,100
Message 29 of 70

This firmware upgrade seemed promissing, but even after update touchpad is still sometimes very irresponsible, so it doesn't solve the problem.

dkalinic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,083
Message 30 of 70

Yes, after 5 days, issue returned. Obviously Lenovo doesn't care too much, its a pitty because othewise I am very satisfied with their products. I think this is not a HW issue, so it doesnt make sense to send it for repair.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors