Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FAngelov
Paper Tape
Views: 992
Message 31 of 70

Re: X1 6th Gen touchpad problem

The new update does not work for me. Still clicking and slow to respond.

FAngelov
Paper Tape
Views: 968
Message 32 of 70

Here is a full description of my problem and what i tried...and did not work. 

All of a sudden my trackpad would start acting out. Clicking on its own, repeatedly opening programs, moving on its own and clicking everywhere, not being able to move it to the desired position, slow movement, non responsive, clicking on the it by tapping for a left click and getting a right click and a menu instead, zooming by just using one finger movement intended to move the pointer, acting as if three finger movement and i am only using one finger, etc. 

I tried reinstalling windows from the Reset this PC windows options, twice. I reinstaled the drivers for the synaptic and touchpad several times, installed old drivers, intalled the patchwork that fixes the trackpoint drifting from 11/7/2018, disabeling the trackpoint, have all the updated from Vantage, paid $69 to Levovo technican to get into my computer, and nothing.....

I am getting it for replacement of parts on Monday and hopefully that would work. If that does not work, am i elligable to get new machine? I have international warranty.

dkalinic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 961
Message 33 of 70

I guess, if they cannot fix it, they have to replace it, but maybe issue will persists after replacement. This issue looks to me like a software one, maybe they have a some revisions of hardware that is not compatible with present software, not sure.

I think it also depends on your local law, how long you will have to wait for replacement approval and do they have to replace it at all.

BR, Moe

FAngelov
Paper Tape
Views: 887
Message 34 of 70

They fixed it! By just replugging the touchpad. I brought it to official thinkpad service in Macedonia. The service was topline!!

aa2xa
Paper Tape
Views: 885
Message 35 of 70

Dont be so sure... in my case they installed new touchpad. It worked perfect for one day.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

dkalinic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 878
Message 36 of 70

Hope this is a solution. Can you please update us in a week if it still works? To me it looks strange, if bad contact would be a problem then it would stop working during booted and active OS as well.
FAngelov
Paper Tape
Views: 850
Message 37 of 70

I got it back from service last Thursday or Friday and have been working on it for 10+ hours each day since then. It has been virtually zero glitches! 

The only thing that i have experienced on couple of occasions is on google mail not scrolling down with two finger motion, i have to switch back to other tab and return back for it to function again...but that could be gmail.

dkalinic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 841
Message 38 of 70

I have same issue with scrolling down. It can happen in many applications.

Maybe they did some repair that is forbidden to communicate to customer, I know such exists as I work in IT multinational corporations for many years now. Anyhow, I hope it's a solution for your issue.
100Million
What's DOS?
Views: 716
Message 39 of 70

I think I FIXED THE PROBLEM

Go to https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds012808

download this and do a system update... The trackpad and touch screen works perfectly.... you will need to run the critical updates first... then run the other updates.  it will take about 4-5 times running this to get all updates.

Schorsch28
Paper Tape
Views: 583
Message 40 of 70

OK, guys I followed this topic for a while, while hating my touchpad of my carbon 6th generation.

@Lenovo: you are delivering a high class notebook, but the touchpad/drivers are gone really bad. Would it be possible to get any feedback here from some lenove-staff-members on this topic?

@100Million: is your issue still fixed? Your solution just points to System Updater instead of Vantage. At the end there is no difference.

As many replies already stated, after installing the drivers, or doing a reboot. The Touchpad is just doing what it is meant to be. But after a while it starts lacking, delaying, being not precise. Especially the first touch will end up in: no reaction. This leads to real frustation with this 6th-generation laptop.

Ok, are there any new approaches to handle this issue? In my opinion it is a driver problem - if nothing else comes up I will start with the technical support.

Best regards

Schorsch

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors