Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sumanta4
Paper Tape
Views: 434
Message 61 of 70

Re: X1 6th Gen touchpad problem

Hava a similar issue. Fortunately within 30 days replacement gurantee , so Lenovo is going to replace the system. Though not sure support lady understood the issue.

hakunamatatador
Paper Tape
Views: 371
Message 62 of 70

Next time the problem occurs go to Task manager -> Services and stop SynTPEnhService.

If it helps, you can disable the service permanently.

Capture.JPG

Sumanta4
Paper Tape
Views: 332
Message 63 of 70

Just stopping is not working, but I have seen  stop and start of this service is working. 

xvasek
Paper Tape
Views: 312
Message 64 of 70

Hooray, tested two times and restarting (!) this service solves the problem. Stopping alone doesn't have healing effect, but restart works.

Now smebody should find out, how to do this automatically after resume from hibernation (in my case).

In case you want a half-automated version of touchpad healer, create file "touchpad.bat" on your desktop and put inside:

net stop SynTPEnhService
net start SynTPEnhService

When you want to repair touchpad, right click the file and select "Run as administrator".

hakunamatatador
Paper Tape
Views: 306
Message 65 of 70

Why not to just disable it? 

xvasek
Paper Tape
Views: 295
Message 66 of 70

When the problem appears, disabling the service does not fix the problem - touchapd is still crappy. Restarting (or stop - start) the service immediately fixes it.

I will try to disable the service at all and reboot and then I will try to use the notebook and we will see, it the problem will apper in future, but the first win is, that I don't need to restart notebook when I want to use touchpad and I have a simple workaround / fix.

dkalinic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 229
Message 67 of 70

@xvasek

Disabling service resolved my problem completely. Thanks a lot hakunamatatador!!!!

Sumanta4
Paper Tape
Views: 214
Message 68 of 70

disabled on 9/15 and using laptop . As of now the issue is not occuring. Let's wait for another week and if it is not occuring again then this might be the solution.

hakunamatatador
Paper Tape
Views: 199
Message 69 of 70

I disabled mine about a month ago and haven't experienced the problem ever since, so I'm positive the solution works.

Now what I'm curious about is how Lenovo resolved the problem for the people who had their laptops sent to the warranty service.

So guys who have the issue fixed by Lenovo, could you check and report the state of SynTPEnhService on your systems?

Thanks!

ravo10
What's DOS?
Views: 26
Message 70 of 70

It is probably in most cases because your laptop is just dirty.

I had the problem that my touchpad just got worse and worse with use. I am a programmer, so I use it allot. It clicked by itself, moved by itself etc. I solved it for free! Smiley Very Happy

I turnes out the touchpad collectes oils and dirt from the finger from everything you touch, and it affected performance. It works like an insulator + it can short out the touchpad, making it move by itself for example. I took some small amounts of etanol based surface cleaner on a tissue/rag and just removed all of the small amounts of grease from the the touch pad.

Now it seems to work like new (and looks new); fast and responsive and no issues! Easy fix for me this time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors