Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbfolgart
Punch Card
Views: 478
Message 1 of 2

X1 Battery Life on a charge and Battery Health Questions

My X1 is about a month and a half old:

1. Battery life on a charge appears to be a little under 3 hours without changing the settings it came with. I know there are setting to maximize the time on one charge but for normal factory settings is this time normal?

2. When I check battery Power and Performance it states that the battery is at 85% of its original capacity. To lose so much capacity in just a month and a half seems odd. Is this normal or can this measure vary?

All in all I am having a very positive experience with this computer however I am a little concerned with these power readings I am getting.

Thanks in advance.

Former Employee
Views: 446
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Battery Life on a charge and Battery Health Questions

hey bbfolgart,

1 - since you did not change any setting, the hours of usage in my opinion is about right; though this also depends on the battery you are using as well as other factors such as screen brightness; application that you're using, if the wireless is on, etc. all of this plays a role on the how much power is left for the battery.

2. battery going down to 85% capacity is weird. for this try doing a battery gauge reset from the Power Manager.

At the same time, do fully charge the battery and then use your unit without the AC adapter until the battery fully discharges.

Recharge the battery and do not use it at this time. Once fully charge, use it again without adapter and see how long the battery last and check the capacity as well.

while you do all of this, do check on http://support.lenovo.com if there is any updates for the Power Manager software that you are using and update if applicable.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Top Kudoed Authors