Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,330
Message 11 of 17

Re: X1 Carbon: 1802: Unauthorized Network Card

VID_0BDB & PID_100E belong to a some legacy Sony Ericsson Modem while Ericsson H5321gw, the half size wwan card for X1C, has VID_0BDB & PID_1919.

The only reason we see error with VID_0BDB & PID_100E is IMHO modem returns incorrect VID/PID during the POST. Or embedded controller reads these IDs incorrectly.

As the checking of HW is going on during the POST and BEFORE the Windows starts upgrades or any other sw modifications [b]awaggoner[/b] made are not relevant with this issue.

For me modem is broken.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

awaggoner
Paper Tape
Views: 2,324
Message 12 of 17

I hope I never see it again as well.  This computer is going to the VP of Production.

awaggoner
Paper Tape
Views: 2,299
Message 13 of 17

Looks like a bad WWAN card.  I tried to activate the Mobile Broadband and it would not detect the card.  I rebooted the computer and received the same 1802 error I got the other day.

Looks like a call to Tech Support is in order for a warranty replacement. 

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,273
Message 14 of 17

@awaggoner wrote:

Looks like a bad WWAN card.  I tried to activate the Mobile Broadband and it would not detect the card.  I rebooted the computer and received the same 1802 error I got the other day.

Looks like a call to Tech Support is in order for a warranty replacement. 

While you are doing all of that I would make sure and confirm you have the GOBI card.

awaggoner
Paper Tape
Views: 2,249
Message 15 of 17

Lenovo wants the computer back.  No attempt to fix it or repair onsite.  Brand new computer is now a brick until a replacement comes.  Not a good first impression.

awaggoner
Paper Tape
Views: 2,180
Message 16 of 17

It was the Ericsson card.  From what I have read, you can't get a GOBI card for the X1 Carbon.

A lot of the pre-release material stated you could choose your wireless carrier, but that is apparently NOT true.  While I was on the phone the tech support, they told me that AT&T is the only option available.

eweiner72
What's DOS?
Views: 1,676
Message 17 of 17

Probably the biggest farce in the history of computer sales.  The Lenovo system update is what casued this error on my X1.  Zero hardware changes and no other updates.  The system wont allow me into the bios nor will it allow me to boot to anything other then the hard drive.  Machine is bricked and our of warranty.  

Never will I buy a Lenovo, nor will I ever reccommend them to the thousands of customers I service as a systems administrator.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors