Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TallEddy
What's DOS?
Views: 969
Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon 1st Gen 3460 Fingerprint Reader doesn't work

I recently purchased an X1 carbon 1st Gen running windows 10 and I can't find a way to get the fingerprint reader to work. It may not be possible but I thought I would see if anyone here has found a solution. Apparently there is a solution for the type 20AF but I can't find a solution or an updated driver for the Type 3460. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. I have updated my Bios and many of my other drivers. I have tried downloading the Synaptic Metallic drivers as well And I tried updating my AthenTec Driver for the fingerprint reader but it still doesn't work. 

LenovoBen
What's DOS?
Views: 759
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon 1st Gen 3460 Fingerprint Reader doesn't work

You don't have to install any driver or software for the fingerprint reader to work in windows 10; find the setting in your BIOS and enable the finger print reader (it may be turnd off). After turning it on, go device manager (Start, Device Manager) an look for "biometric devices" setting. If this setting dosen't appear, scroll through the device manager window until you find a menu where it reads Other Devices (it has a icon with a  "?" on it). Left click on the little arrow next to it (the one on the left side) to extend the drop down list of unknown devices (the list may already be extended), then right click every unknown device listed there (or just the one) and select update driver; if this dosen't find your biometric device (fingerprint reader) you may have a hardware problem. You may also try using Levovo's Vantage app found in the Windows 10 Microsoft Store to update your drivers (System Update) or just use Windows 10 - check for updates -option from the start menu to see if this solves the problem. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors