Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsr0331
Punch Card
Views: 503
Message 1 of 3

X1 Carbon 1st Gen, Win 10: Won't Power Up external monitor

I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 1st Gen, Running Windows 10 Pro, 64Bit OS, 8GB RAM, fully up to date(Both Lenovo updates and Windows updates).  Was plugged into a Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Ultra Dock until it randomly stopped displaying on the external monitor. I switched monitor/cables...nothing. I switched to a new dock Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock and nothing. Uninstalled Display drivers, uninstalled monitor drivers... and reinstall but still nothing.  Even switched USB ports and nothing.

Was wondering if anyone has had this problem and has a fix.

Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 458
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon 1st Gen, Win 10: Won't Power Up external monitor

Jsr0331,

Thank you for sharing your experience with an external monitor failing to display from a X1 Carbon 1st Gen (Type: 34XX) when docked using a USB 3.0 UltraDock running Windows 10 Pro.

Lenovo is currently preparing a DisplayLink driver for DisplayLink-powered USB docks that will support the Windows 10 Redstone upgrade. The driver is scheduled to be released by early next week.

I will provide a link once the driver has been published.

Thank you,

Former Employee
Views: 433
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon 1st Gen, Win 10: Won't Power Up external monitor

Lenovo has released an updated driver for the ThinkPad USB 3.0 Pro Ultra Dock, v. 8.0.778.0 that restores external monitor function after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary release.

The updated driver can be downloaded here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/acc100183

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors