Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kstrid
Broadband 3G
Views: 333
Message 1 of 5

X1 Carbon 2 gen - 20A7 - Don't boot

The power on button shows green light- Keyboard lit as well as the row with PF keys. LCD is black. I can adjust the keyboard light.

I have removed both the built in battery as well as the cell coin battery and put them back. No difference.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 303
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon 2 gen - 20A7 - Don't boot

You already did what I would suuggest, except that I would press the power button a couple of times with the main and coin-cell batteries disconnected and I would wait 15 seconds before plugging them back in.  Other than that, it sounds like a more serious (motherboard) issue.  Some of the 20A7 machines are still under warranty.  Did you check?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
kstrid
Broadband 3G
Views: 273
Message 3 of 5

Since I  cannot start the machine; do you know where I can find the serial number?

The only id I can read on the bottom is compliance id : TP00061A

SeniorGuru
Views: 268
Message 4 of 5

@kstrid wrote:

Since I  cannot start the machine; do you know where I can find the serial number?

There should be a black sticker with bar code on the bottom of the unit with model number 20A7, etc. This includes the serial number. If this sticker is missing or illegible then perhaps you still have the box the X1C2 was shipped in or the Order Details from the original order/invoice. Both of these include the serial number.

[FWIW when I get a new system I always keep the paperwork as well as make photos of the bottom sticker and/or the label on the shipping box. The printing on the label on the bottom of the unit is also prone to wearing off from use so I cover it with a piece of transparent tape.]

Broadband 3G
Views: 266
Message 5 of 5

Ok I have nothing of this. Thx anyway

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors