cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makbruno
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,701
Message 1 of 16

X1 Carbon 2015 - Display Screen Type (Part No.) ?

Hi,

I purchased the latest X1 Carbon 2015 in january earlier this year.  This display panel is listed as 14.0WQHD WWAN. I have accidently cracked my screen and want to replace it. It is not a touch screen and I am unable to find the part number on lenovo support site.

Can someone please help identifying the part number for this screen, so I can then purchase it. Also, from where can I order the part as well? Thank you.

Below are the specs on this notebook

System Details

===========

Battery - Rapid Charge, Integrated

System Unit - Intel i5-5300U 8GB

Keyboard Language - KYB (Backlit) US English

Preload OS - Win8.1 P64 to Win7 P64 DG

Security Chip 2 - Security Chip Enabled

Display Panel - 14.0WQHD WWAN

Selectable Warranty - 1 Year Depot or Carry-in

WiFi wireless LAN adapters - Intel 7265 BT ACBGN

Wireless WAN accessories - MBL BB upgradable, future use

Camera - 720p HD Camera

Processor - Intel Core i5-5300U on MB

Fingerprint - Fingerprint Reader

Package Box Type - Standard Economy Packaging

Preload Language - W8.1W7P64DG English

Cable - Ethernet extension connector

Hard drive - 128GB SSD

Shipping Country - USA

AC Adapter and Power Cord - 65W AC Adpt US (2pin)

Total memory - 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3L on MB

Regards

M.I.

om26er
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,626
Message 2 of 16

Re: X1 Carbon 2015 - Display Screen Type (Part No.) ?

I also wanted to know what model number does the QHD lcd of the device has. I want to replace my FHD with QHD, will probably buy that over ebay or aliexpress

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,658
Message 3 of 16

replacing parts yourself would void the warranty, you would have to send laptop to a certified lenovo repair place where certified technician from lenovo have got rights to re-place parts without voiding your warranty.
makbruno
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,650
Message 4 of 16

I absolutely understand regarding the warranty part.  I want to order the part myself as the repair shop guy has kept the laptop for 20 days and has informed me that the screen is backordered for a whole month. I was hoping to buy the screen myself and just get him to replace it. If only, I can find out the part name/number so I can search and purchase it myself.

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,651
Message 5 of 16

wont work like that, getting part yourself will void the warranty as well parts lenovo have is from lenovo's own factory or so and is certified to be approved as replacement and that when he replaces it he also registrates the new part on service log so when laptop comes again for replacement of something in warranty next time they can se that screen has been approved as non voided warranty item so then they cannot nag towards you and say "Sorry sir but your warranty has been voided".
makbruno
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,645
Message 6 of 16

I appreciate your concern, and I am fine with that. However, I need to resolve this issue as early as possible. Can you please share the part name?

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,644
Message 7 of 16

i don't have part name as well since i haven't taken apart my screen and wont do it as long it's working :/ i still suggest you to tell service place to speed up the repair since waiting 20 days already and saying screen wont come untill another 30 days or w.e you said is to long :/ but about part name i cannot help sorry.

Also about shop is it certified lenovo repair workshop? if not you shouldn't let non certified person re-place screen for you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,634
Message 8 of 16

makbruno,

are you able to boot up laptop and use its screen or use external monitor? You can find the real panel p/n (its manufacturer p/n) using hardware scan tools like HWiNFO or registry.

If no, provide, please, laptop serial number (via the forum private message service) as there might be 3 WQHD panels compatible with x1c gen3 officially.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,624
Message 9 of 16

makbruno,

LCD panel in your laptop installed:
Lenovo mfg p/n SD10A09837, FRU 00HN826, model LGD LP140QH1-SPB1 (in another writing format LP140QH1(SP)(B1) ).
It's IPS, non touch panel, 2560x1440.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

makbruno
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,575
Message 10 of 16

Thank you for the detailed reply. While searching for the screen, I managed to find the following:

LENOVO THINKPAD X1 CARBON LAPTOP LCD SCREEN 14.0" WXGA++ LED DIODE

The WXGA is something I am hesitant about. It is available through lenovo store on amazon, but is not WQHD but instead is WXGA. Am I right to be hesitant in purchasing this one?

Thanks again for your detailed reply above.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors