Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonaburger
Paper Tape
Views: 971
Message 1 of 7

X1 Carbon 2015 (Gen3) External speaker buzz while PC is in Sleep state

Hi all,

I have a 3rd gen x1 carbon, about a month old.  I am not sure whether it has always done this or not, but when the computer goes to sleep mode with my external bose speakers plugged in, they buzz.  It's the same buzz that comes from the speakers when, for example, I touch the cable contact with my hand or against a piece of metal, but this is the first time a computer has ever done this when it is in sleep mode- the very same speakers did not have the problem on another computer.  And obviously the sound stops when the computer boots up, and no buzzing at any other time.  

It's a minor annoyance- I walk away for twenty minutes and realize it's buzzing like crazy and unplug the speakers- but I'd rather there were a fix of some kind.  Does anyone know of one?

Moderator comment: Subject edited to match content. Was: X1 Carbon 2015 (Gen3) Gesture & Motion Control software

simonaburger
Paper Tape
Views: 798
Message 2 of 7

Re: X1 Carbon 2015 (Gen3) External speaker buzz while PC is in Sleep state

Anyone had any similar experience or know of any solution?

x1_carbon_user
Paper Tape
Views: 651
Message 3 of 7

Hi Simon

Just to confirm that my X1 3'rd gen suffers the same fate! It happens when the sound interface is not being used, it stops the minute you generate sound from any application. It also happens when the laptop is shut down and the 'audio out' cable is plugged in - of course it stops the minute you unplug the cable.

Furthermore (and I need to run a few more tests to confirm this) the buzz only happens when the laptop is running on its battery. With the charger plugged back in,  the buzz never manifests under any condition.

Anyway if you have found a solution please let me know ...

sinolog
Paper Tape
Views: 528
Message 4 of 7

just wanted to say that i have this same problem with external speaker in connection with my

YOGA 12

--> never had any problems with my x201 and the same speakers.

anyone knows a solution yet?

snuff13
Paper Tape
Views: 434
Message 5 of 7

Hi!

I have the same problem with ideapad 110. Bought it couple days ago, when audio jack is connected, it makes buzzing sound in sleep mode or when it's turned off... Buzz stops after AC cable is disconnected, tried audio driver update, changed to win10 native driver, did last BIOS update, nothing helps... Any ideas?

Yoesmaan
Paper Tape
Views: 316
Message 6 of 7

I believe Lenovo introduced this in newer models. See my post in thread: 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Buzzing-noise-from-headphone-jack-when-...

dknife
What's DOS?
Views: 48
Message 7 of 7

I have the same problem with a recently aquired Yoga 12, hum from external speakers when in sleep mode or off.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors