cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew4ceo
Token Ring
Views: 1,217
Message 21 of 26

Re: X1 Carbon 2015 - Where is the 256 GB PCIe option?

So who here actually bought the 2015 model? I was ready to buy by will now be holding out for either the crApple or the Asus Zenbook. Which should be ready for a new release anytime soon.

Wonder how the sales will turn out.  They'll sill lose out on a wide marketshare for not including the SD Card.

I mean just because the iphone doesn't have an SD card, doesn't mean a laptop shouldn't. Both Air and Pros include SD card readers. Heck the Zenbook has a full HDMi port AND a SD card reader.  Not sure what Lenovo was smoking!

edit: I see what took up the space. They moved the finger print reader to the side?  Where as before, it was on the palm-rest area.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,196
Message 22 of 26

@andrew4ceo wrote:
They'll sill lose out on a wide marketshare for not including the SD Card.

The world is changing and SD cards are nowhere near as important in the mobile device market as they once were, as always-on connectivity is becoming pervasive and everyone has access to some cloud or other (and often several  different clouds).
Personally I don't see that the lack of an internal SD card reader is going to be a break-point for the target market for the X1C!

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
andrew4ceo
Token Ring
Views: 1,185
Message 23 of 26

Razer Blade laptops made the same mistake of not including the SD card reader. Can you count how many people own a Razer Blade Laptop despite looking like a Mac Pro and having a powerful Graphic Card? 

It even has a full HDMI port. 

Yet sales figures for the laptop is beyond pathetic.

The 2015 version will probably add a SD card reader.  And the SD Card aren't going anywhere. Almost all of the Lenovo latpop includes an SD Card reader. 

The best selling laptop which Lenovo ripped-off also still has a SD card reader.

andrew4ceo
Token Ring
Views: 1,176
Message 24 of 26

@billbolton wrote:
Personally I don't see that the lack of an internal SD card reader is going to be a break-point for the target market for the X1C!

What was the sales figures for the X1C for 2013 compred to 2014?

We're talking sales here. Not returns due to people hating the new keyboard.

stl_jones
What's DOS?
Views: 1,158
Message 25 of 26

Can you guys please leave this to a discussion of the 256gb PCIe SSD
JWTS
Punch Card
Views: 1,102
Message 26 of 26

Good luck--one guy mad about the SD reader is going to keep ranting about it.

I called Lenovo to ask about the availability of the 256 GB PCIe option. They weren't really that helpful--the rep I was dealing with didn't really know the difference. I did note that one of the review units out there had the Samsung SM951 installed. I half wonder if one ordered the 256GB option if it would actually ship with this drive? That's a bit of a leap of faith, but I'll be curious to see once some of these get delivered. While obviously they want the reviewers to have the faster drive, I also think it will depend on availablity of what they have on-hand. Supposedly, Samsung is now shipping the SM951 out to OEM's.

Unfortunate that the motherboard only supports 2.0 vs. 3.0--but it's still a pretty big jump up in performance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors