cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
croustiFajita
Fanfold Paper
Views: 534
Message 1 of 7

X1 Carbon 2016 (20FB) - Ultranav unresponsive for 30sec/1Min after resume from hibernation

Hello,

I have this problem for month now :

I close my X1 Carbon lid before going to bed, and in the morning, when I resume it from hibernation, the trackapd and trackpoint are totally unresponsive. Everything else work fine, I just have to wait, sometimes 20/30sec, sometimes a whole minute, to have the trackpad working. This is very frustrating to have a computer resuming so fast from hibernation but being unable to use it.

I have the latest BIOS (1.15), latest UltraNav driver (19.0.17.98).

Tried several drivers uninstallation/reinstallation, several fresh windows install, problem is still present.

Actually on a fresh install of Windows 10 64bit (Anniversary update).

croustiFajita
Fanfold Paper
Views: 469
Message 2 of 7

Re: X1 Carbon 2016 (20FB) - Ultranav unresponsive for 30sec/1Min after resume from hibernation

Nobody here with the same problem ?

Derek_Taiwan
What's DOS?
Views: 449
Message 3 of 7

Re: X1 Carbon 2016 (20FB) - Ultranav unresponsive for 30sec/1Min after resume from hibernation

Same issue here!!

David_J_W
802.11n
Views: 440
Message 4 of 7

I do not have the same problem here on an X1 Yoga (which is very similar, hardware wise, to the X1 Carbon Gen 4) with the same 1.15 BIOS and 19.0.17.98 UltraNav driver. The only difference to croustiFajita's setup is that I'm still on Windows 10 Version 1511 (Threshold 2 - the November 2015 update version) because an updated version of my antivirus application to support Version 1607 (Anniversary Update) is still around a week away.

It might be that the issue is to do with the touchpad settings on your machines. Is it possible the edge tap filter is to blame, as blahblah_gc found? The odd thing is that I have the edge tap filter on without any issues on my machine, though I have gesture filtering and scrolling region filtering turned off.

If nothing else, it might be worth clicking "Restore All Defaults" in the Synaptics Control Panel, to see if that changes the behaviour. It would be helpful if those with problems stated the firmware version of their ClickPad - this can be found in the "About" section of the Advanced tab of the Synaptics Control Panel. I have firmware version 1.2.

croustiFajita
Fanfold Paper
Views: 434
Message 5 of 7

Hi, and thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, I already explored almost every scenario :

I had the problem already with Win10 1511 (I expected 1607 to fix this maybe), so it's not related.

I've had the problem with every driver I tried (actually on last version from Windos update : 19.3.4.22), with or without modifications to the settings.

My TP firmware is 1.2

What is strange is it's actually seems to be a software pb (or else it would be a veeeery weird hardware pb), but impossible to find a software configuration that actually works.

If I have some time this weekend, I'll try with Win8.1, just to be sure...

croustiFajita
Fanfold Paper
Views: 394
Message 6 of 7

Hello,

Maybe I have found something interesting....

Apparently, the problem is caused not by the sleep, nor the hibernation, but by a combination of both :

Close the lid -> Sleep -> Open the lid -> OK

Close the lid -> Hibernation -> Open the lid -> OK

Close the lid -> Sleep -> Hibernation -> KO

I changed the settings, so closing the lid will immediately put the laptop on hibernation rather the sleep and I don't have the problem anymore. It's not ideal because waking up from sleep is faster, but at least it's better than waiting for the touchpad to reactivate...

Derek_Taiwan, can you please make some tests to validate this behaviour is reproductible ?

PS : I only tested with sleep/hibernate by closing the lid, not sure the behaviour is the same if I wait for the computer to go to sleep on its own

croustiFajita
Fanfold Paper
Views: 234
Message 7 of 7

For those interested, I maybe found a workaroud :

I disabled the trackpoint in the BIOS and no problem since.

That's OK with me as I never use the trackpoint, but could be troublesome for others, Lenovo should really correct that.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors