Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rewireproject
Paper Tape
Views: 1,407
Message 1 of 4

X1 Carbon 2016 Noisy touchpad

I just received my x1 carbon, just a day before relocating to Spain. I didn't have time to check it out thoroughly before I left, but everything seemed fine. When trying it out upon arrival I imediately noticed a rattling sound from the touchpad. Just tapping the touchpad lightly produces noise, not to mention doubble tapping which is aweful. The touchpad seems to be centered and in level with the rest, but doesn't appear to be screwed on properly.

A lenovo store here in Madrid only had the cheaper models, but the touchpads on these where all firm like a macbook. I'm a little hesitant about calling the spanish lenovo service as my spanish is severily limited atm. Has enyone else experienced this? Thanks.

David_J_W
802.11n
Views: 1,403
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon 2016 Noisy touchpad

A similar problem is being discussed in relation to the X1 Yoga (click), which is pretty much the same hardware as the X1 Carbon Gen 4.

Rewireproject
Paper Tape
Views: 1,390
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for replying. The thread you posted seems to conclude that the touchpad is supposed to be firm. Guess I'm gonna have to deal with support on spanish after all..

Rewireproject
Paper Tape
Views: 1,280
Message 4 of 4

Just had a tech over that replaced the touchpad in 5 min. The new touchpad is as snug as it's supposed to be, and produces no "thump"-sound whatsoever when tapping it. I'm just surprised the quality control didn't pick up on this. If anyone else experience loose noisy touchpads - it's not normal and should be repaired!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors