Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
link_garreth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,412
Message 1 of 6

X1 Carbon 20A7 - Unable to detect monitor on Onelink dock's Dislpayport

Hi I recently brought a Onelink pro dock for my X1 Carbon so I can connect it to my Acer XB270HU monitor when I am at my desk. But when I try to connect it using the Displayport on the dock I am unable to connect and windows seem to be unabe to see the monotor. I have tried 3 differnt cables and the came thing happens. I am able to connect to other monitors using DVI from the Onelink dock just not Displayport.

karelklima
Paper Tape
Views: 1,379
Message 2 of 6

Re: X1 Carbon 20A7 - Unable to detect monitor on Onelink dock's Dislpayport

Hello,

what version of Windows do you use?

I have upgraded to Windows 10 some time ago and i too have issues with the dock. For me the monitor is detected properly, but the audio over DisplayPort does not work.

As for your problem, a possible solution could be to install a driver for the dock. It may be downloaded via System Update or from the product page:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd029981

However, there is no driver for Windows 10 yet.

link_garreth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,371
Message 3 of 6

I'm still using window 8.1 on the computer in question. Due to lack of driver support on over computers I've updated to windows 10 I haven't upgraded this one yet as I use it for work related tasks.

So far I have tried installing and reinstalling both the onelink dock driver and the Intel Graphics driver and still no change.

I'm starting to think it might be the Nvidia G-sync scalier in my monitor not playing nice with a non-Nvidia GPU. During the week I'm thinking I might take the dock into work and test it on one of the displayport monitors there to see it it will work with them.
link_garreth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,319
Message 4 of 6

Ok I have done some troubleshooting with this and I still haven't been able to find a definitive cause and solution to the problem. I have tested the Dock with another monitor with a displayport and it worked perfectly so I dont think it is a faulty dock. 

I also tried using a mini displayport to displayport cable to connect the monitor directly from the onboard mDP port and the monitor connected with no problems.

From what I have learnt this maeans it probaly isn't an incompatibility issue between the monitor's nVidia scaler and the laptop's Intel GPU.

I have teseted it with several cables I know work so I dont think that is the problem either.

I'm starthing to think that is it is a issue between the dock and the monitor not being able to detect each other. At them moment I am lost for ideas for what I should try next.

link_garreth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,209
Message 5 of 6

Well, I noticed there were new drivers and firmware for the dock relesed recently so I thought I might give this proplem another shot. 

I can now confirm that with the driver v11015 and firmware v2.30.00 everything works perfectly.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,194
Message 6 of 6

The new combined driver for Thinkpad OneLink+ Dock, ThinkPad OneLink Pro Dock, and ThinkPad OneLink Dock can be found here:

http://www.lenovo.com/onelinkdrivers

Latest ThinkPad OneLink Pro Dock firmware here.

Latest Thinkpad OneLink+ Dock firmware here.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors