Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fish72
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,043
Message 1 of 6

X1 Carbon 20A7 battery replacement

Hello,

I've bought battery replacement for my client's X1 Carbon 20A7 on aliexpress.
The orginial battery is 14.8V 3.04Ah/45Wh while the one I was sent is 15.2V 3.29Ah/50Wh
I wanted to know if I can install it instead of the original one.

Thank you
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,026
Message 2 of 6

Re: X1 Carbon 20A7 battery replacement

Hi

The battery with FRU p/n 00HW003 is compatible with x1c gen3, not gen2. On your photo it looks like an overlabeled fake by some features. Who does guarantee what'll happend in case this battery connection to the incompatible laptop, x1c gen2 in particular?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

fish72
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,003
Message 3 of 6

Thank you SO MUCH X22 for your fast reply.

I've decided it's too risky and the battery on further inspection seems fake.

I'll return it to the seller and will try to order original battery from the states.

Thank you

Guru
Views: 4,980
Message 4 of 6

Here's the battery parts for the X1 Carbon 20A7: 45N1701 or 45N1703. 

Here's a picture of it for reference: 

imageDisplay.jpg

Lenovo no longer sells the part, but I found this vendor that claims to be OEM (with pretty decent feedback as well): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Battery-Lenovo-ThinkPad-New-X1-Carbon-Gen-2-14-45N1701-45N1702-45N17...

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

fish72
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,976
Message 5 of 6

Thank you very much for the info EricX. I'll try to see if i can get my hands on a battery within reasonable time.

Guru
Views: 4,971
Message 6 of 6

No problem, let us know how it goes Smiley Wink

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors