Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arkaray
Paper Tape
Views: 2,068
Message 1 of 5

X1 Carbon 20BS Not Recognizing Mini Display Port

Hello - I have recently acquired a Thinkpad X1 Carbon 20BS with a fresh install of Window 10. While I am able to connect to external monitors via HDMI, I have been unable to do so via the Mini Display Port. Connecting a monitor to the Mini Display Port does nothing - the monitor is not identified by Windows.

So far, I have installed the drivers from: , but it hasn't helped. Any help on figuring out how to get the X1 Carbon to recognize the Mini Display Port will be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance. 

arkaray
Paper Tape
Views: 2,027
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon 20BS Not Recognizing Mini Display Port

I missed including the driver list in the earlier post: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-...

I've installed all the drivers available on that page. Can you help me diagnose why the mini displayport is not working? Thanks in advance.

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,990
Message 3 of 5

I also own a x1 Carbon 20BS so I'm going to try my dp port now and see if mine works and if not I will try some methods once I find a solution I will get back to you.

Update: I have now tried my Mini DP port and directely it regonized my monitor without a problem so then idk what could be problem to yours hmmm, i read some where some people had problems with DP/Mini DP and it turned out it was due to cable version or something but i could be wrong since they used a  dp/mini dp cable version 1.1 when port is a version 1.2 then their monitor wouldnt work so idk if that could be it if not then your laptop may have a motherboard defect which means you will need a motherboard replacement so if you got warranty still then send it in under warranty.

arkaray
Paper Tape
Views: 1,976
Message 4 of 5

Jake - thanks a lot for the response. Happy to report that I've been able to get the mini DP to work and it recognizes compatible monitors just fine.

I've been trying to find a solution to connect the Carbon to at Thunderbolt display, but unfortuantely there doesn't seem to be a Thunderbolt controller that is compatible with the Carbon's mini DP.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,950
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

When you connect the display do you see it in your display settings as 2nd monitor?  Does it say "Disconnect this display"

If so try to change it to "extend desktop to this display" and apply.

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors